Northern Ballet School & Rambert

dancer17xx

Hello I was wondering if someone could let me know the level and standard needed to get into the northern ballet school (Manchester) or Rambert school. I understand it's intermediate level of ballet but I haven't taken many examinations but work on pointe etc. I feel my level of technique is high but I may lack certain language due to not taking intermediate ballet. Also if anybody knows the audition processes it would be much appreciated! I am 17 and looking to hopefully audition for entry 2014. Thank you! :) 

Hi and welcome to the forum.  Not everybody takes exams so I should not worry too much about that.  Competition for places at all the schools is fierce and I don't think anyone could give you a definitive answer for level and standard required.  Have you spoken to your dance teacher about your aims and has she given you any guidance?

There is a current thread on Questions of applying to Upper Schools and I am sure if you use the search facility you will find many previous threads on Northern and some on Rambert that might give you a lot more information on the audition processes.  I suggest you get yourself a hot drink and have a good read through.  Good luck with your auditions.

• Like 4

Hello dancer17xx and welcome to the forum. :-)

I can't help specifically with your question, but have you spoken to your teacher(s) about your ambitions and audition plans? They are best placed to tell you whether you are near the level required for 6th form auditions, and help you with audition preparation.

Kind regards,

Spanner

Edited to add: oops - 2dancersmum and I were posting at the same time! :-)

• Like 2

Thank you 2dancersmum and spannerandpony,

I agree my question is hard to answer because knowing the right standard is very vague!

My dance teacher and dance school is not ballet based so doesn't know too much about these schools. Pupils from my dance school usually choose more dance universities rather than ballet vocational schools. I have spoken to my teacher and I am going to try and audition. I will have a read through the current thread to get some more information :-)