Questions about Upper School auditions

Anna C

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Mumofpinks said:

Hi, we’ve just received a ‘waiting list’ email from Central for my DD. I was wondering if this is a standard response for all who aren’t invited to finals? Thanks 

I presume they aren’t doing finals as my dd has been offered a place today.x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mumofpinks said:

Hi, we’ve just received a ‘waiting list’ email from Central for my DD. I was wondering if this is a standard response for all who aren’t invited to finals? Thanks 

We just phoned them- finals are not happening- my DD has a place on wait list also for Sept. They’ve skipped finals and looked at video for both stages..

Hi all, our DD got a wait list for Central Foundation course 😃 - we are so amazed! We are definitely viewing this as a win!!!

Now I guess we just wait to see how long the wait list is. Do people actually get places off the wait list??

Sending so many good vibes and good luck thoughts to all others waiting. 

PS RCS is out today too

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sillysally said:

Hi all, our DD got a wait list for Central Foundation course 😃 - we are so amazed! We are definitely viewing this as a win!!!

Now I guess we just wait to see how long the wait list is. Do people actually get places off the wait list??

Sending so many good vibes and good luck thoughts to all others waiting. 

PS RCS is out today too

There were definitely places awarded from the waitlist last year because my ds and others went elsewhere. Well done and good luck! Fingers crossed for everyone. 

13 hours ago, Dancers Dad said:

We got the waiting list email from Central today but probably not going to wait. I think we're pretty psyched up for Northern now, so that - finally - is that.

Having said that... it is really hard when you don't know if you're first on the wait list or 200th! I think my daughter would just like to know if she was close.  Mind you, having looked at the price of accommodation for Central this morning and it being about twice as much as for Northern, I confess to feeling just a little bit relieved.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mumofpinks said:

Thank you and how lovely to keep her more local. We’re keeping everything crossed for some movement on the wait list. xx

Congratulations. There was a lot of movement last year with what seemed like a few rounds of waitlist places being offered. Best of luck xx

• Like 1

There's often a lot of movement on waiting lists for upper schools as there are so many more of them than lower schools. Quite a lot of people apply to multiple schools and get more than one offer so it takes a while for things to settle down as everyone decides and more offers are made. If you're on a waiting list, don't lose heart at this point. Fingers crossed for good news for you all.

• Like 2

Can anyone give their opinions on schools please? We need help making a decision on things like accommodation, physio, teachers, graduate support/destinations/opportunities etc.

I understand these are all personal choices but any advice would really help us.

Elmhurst

Central

Tring

RCS

Thank you.

28 minutes ago, Sunshine girl said:

Congratulations to them both, nice to hear of 2 for upper school! Assuming they are both accepting?

Thankyou so much..& I can’t speak for my dd friend but undecided at the moment as she is Very fortunate to have other choices too.

17 hours ago, Pam said:

Can anyone give their opinions on schools please? We need help making a decision on things like accommodation, physio, teachers, graduate support/destinations/opportunities etc.

I understand these are all personal choices but any advice would really help us.

Elmhurst

Central

Tring

RCS

Thank you.

I can only really speak about RCS where my son is in first year. He was lucky enough to have several offers last year and was pleased to have RCS among them as that was his first choice. The class sizes are small which I think is one of the main benefits. They get lots of personal attention from the teachers and are known well by all the staff. RCS seems to give them good prospects for employment at the end I hope! 

My son has had a minor knee issue and had no trouble accessing the Scottish Ballet physio about it. 

Accommodation is I’m sure better than London as I did look into what was around there. At RCS they can stay in Base (Freshliving.com) which is a few minute walk from the studios. It’s also in walking distance of city centre shops etc. There is good student support here from staff. The rooms are lovely and modern with on site laundry etc. 6 students all have en-suite rooms and share a kitchen/lounge. There is also a gym/ dance studios/cinema rooms/study rooms/roof terrace in Base. 

Another good thing about RCS is the collaboration with other disciplines in the Conservatoire. They’ve just done a piano and dance festival collab and my son is choosing his optional modules for next year which can be from other areas in RCS. 

I think he did make the right choice...but I suppose you don’t know for sure until the end when it comes to getting a job! 

Good luck. 

Edited by Josh's taxi
Didn’t add any text first time! 😂
  • Like 1

Hi all,

Has anyone been offered a place off the waiting list for Central yet? I'm interested to know if there has been any movement.  In fact, does anyone know anything about the timeline? When do prospective students reply to their offers? 

Also, does anyone have any idea if there are 100 or 20 on the waiting list, its hard to gauge if moving from on the wait list is a realistic option or a nice pipe dream.....

P.S. I must say that I really appreciate being a member this forum, it seems to me that people genuinely want to help each other and that is precious. Thanks to everyone for sharing. 

Sillysally 🥰

• Like 1

I don’t know how many on the waiting list sorry🤪

but the student who have been offered places have to except by 14/04/21- 

I know there will be movement as I personally know a handful of student who won’t be taking their place at central x 

I wish you all the luck in the wold 💗

• Like 1