Questions about Upper School auditions

Anna C

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, MPatti said:

We received email on Monday that they are trying to figure it out, that international will not be at the in person auditions. In person date for upper school on website is March 27.  Maybe I am connecting dots. But Email was clear that they are looking at alternatives that would still be fair even though international applicants would not attend in person in London on 27th.  Maybe it depends what country you are from???

Yes that is what our email said. Congrats to your dd too!

1 hour ago, Amme said:

We’re International, but received an email Monday saying they’d be delayed a bit longer. I was under the impression all UK-based applicants had been contacted 

Yes emails came out on monday for UK applicants and some international applicants have had their results also, as they have posted on this topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody able to answer some questions on tring?

the dada does not cover the boarding is that correct? 
do tring offer any help with the boarding cost as I believe they are around £4000 a term? 
so if your on a dada you pay your contribution then the £4000 a term for boarding? 

thanks in advance x

3 hours ago, enpointe75 said:

Has anyone had info on the dada audition at Tring? We’ve had a date for next week (19th March) but no other info? Times etc?

We had an email with details on 1 March with timings and instructions - so probably worth getting in touch to double check!

9 minutes ago, Ballet4Boyz said:

Hi Pam ..... I think that they’ve just said we’ll hear by Fri 2nd April ! Seems quite late if they are still holding final auditions. It’s all a bit frustrating for our DS who just wants to know which direction his life is going in !!

The waiting is so frustrating isn't it.  I wonder if they will be holding live final auditions/physio. ENBS are video!

On 16/03/2021 at 13:39, Pam said:

Can anybody tell me if they have heard from Central School of Ballet regarding finals for intake for 2021?

We asked if there was any chance of hearing sooner as we had to make a decision on an offer from elsewhere but they very firmly said no and we had to wait until 2 April. They do seem a bit out of time with the other schools and I don't know what they expect students to do if they have to respond to offers (as we have) before 2 April, let alone 17/18 April.

21 hours ago, Mummy twinkle toes said:

2 very short views. 1 in Jan and 1 in beginning of Feb. Jan might have even been us. 😜 Have you had any?

Yes had some views. It is so frustrating waiting. 

20 hours ago, Dancers Dad said:

We asked if there was any chance of hearing sooner as we had to make a decision on an offer from elsewhere but they very firmly said no and we had to wait until 2 April. They do seem a bit out of time with the other schools and I don't know what they expect students to do if they have to respond to offers (as we have) before 2 April, let alone 17/18 April.

If they leave making their decision later than other schools they will not have the predicament of people accepting places and then having to decline the place when other offers come in perhaps 🤔 

Maybe a few views means a straight yes or no and many/multiple views means they are still trying to make their decision. Or they are deciding who to accept and who to put on the waiting list 😬You could go round in circles trying to figure it out.

• Like 1

• Anna C unpinned this topic