Questions about Upper School auditions

Anna C

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone share what to expect at the ENBS audition?  There are 2 days listed for the audition.  Why does the audition last for 2 days?  

After the audition, how long does it usually take to receive the results?

Also some general questions regarding ENBS...

Is there a boarding option?  Their website states most students use youth hostels.  Does anyone have experience with this?  Does the school help arrange boarding or make recommendations?  
We are traveling from out of the country so I'm concerned about the boarding situation/safety/etc..

How is ENBS different from RBS? 

I believe RBS has boarding?

Do most graduates from ENBS go on to have professional employment contracts?  Does the school help with this?  

Thank you!

Hi VivianGrace

The email said first day was audition class and second was medical and physio.

Not sure how long the results will take.

They don't have boarding but I think a lot of students rent shared accommodation and I think the school help them co-ordinate this. I would email the school and ask for more info on this.

RBS has boarding yes.

You can find a list of destinations of graduates from ENBS on their website.

Good luck with it all - particular if you are travelling from abroad for the audition at the moment, is that possible with all the travel restrictions currently in place? The email said if you couldn't attend in person due to travel restrictions they will provide a zoom audition I think.

From what I have read here, and also my DD just heard interview with Claudia Dean ( which was years ago) somewhere in the 30 to 50 range.  And they take maybe 3 on a good year? International applicant finals will be virtual, so not sure how many that is.

Congrats to your DD!  

Edited by MPatti

Hello MPatti,

You stated that international applicant finals are virtual.  When was this announced?  My daughter is an international applicant and received an invitation for an in-person final audition at the end of March with the possibility of this being cancelled due to COVID.  I'm just asking if you maybe heard more up-to-date information?  We haven't received any notifications of changes to this in-person invitation.  We are trying to wait a little to make sure it is definite before securing flights, etc...

Thanks!

Hi Vivian grace is that enbs or royal?

enbs email says there is a zoom option but royal haven’t said that. The email just said live audition on 27 March and if you can’t attend they wouldn’t discount you. Is that what your email said?

1 hour ago, MPatti said:

From what I have read here, and also my DD just heard interview with Claudia Dean ( which was years ago) somewhere in the 30 to 50 range.  And they take maybe 3 on a good year? International applicant finals will be virtual, so not sure how many that is.

Congrats to your DD!  

Thank you!

We received email on Monday that they are trying to figure it out, that international will not be at the in person auditions. In person date for upper school on website is March 27.  Maybe I am connecting dots. But Email was clear that they are looking at alternatives that would still be fair even though international applicants would not attend in person in London on 27th.  Maybe it depends what country you are from???