Questions about Upper School auditions

Tarantella I have heard half a dozen WL and half a dozen competition places for the girls plus whoever they took from Finals on Sunday but not sure if that is accurate. Either way it is going to be very very stiff competition at ENB in 10 days.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I auditioned for Tring 6th form dance and I made onto the reserved list for the scholarships, how many people get put on the reserved list , If so do I still have a chance at gaining one? :)

Yes there's still a chance, there will still be movement on waiting lists, as some people will have had more than one offer and accept a place elsewhere, so fingers crossed for you  :)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

50 odd girls - very high standard.....

Unlike Royal there were more UK dancers as well as international candidates. I gather there are to be loads of candidates at Elmhurst tomorrow too.

Edited by Flora

Think there's between 30 and 35 girls at Elmhurst today. One of dd's friends told us there were about 25 boys last week. It's been a really well organised and friendly day so far. Dd is doing her audition class after lunch and has had physio assessment, tour and interview/chat this morning.

• Like 2

There were 18 girls in groups 1 and 2 today and 17 in group 3 so 54 in total although I can't remember if this included the current yr 11's or not. The numbers in each group were on a schedule of the day that was left on the registration tables and detailed how many from RBS, how many from Elmhurst and then all others.

In my audition there were 17 of us and at least 10 already from full time vocational schools: 2 from white lodge, 4 from elmhurst, 3 from tring and 1 from the vienna state school!! Very high standard and not expecting anything at all, panel were pretty clear about who they wanted!

In my audition there were 17 of us and at least 10 already from full time vocational schools: 2 from white lodge, 4 from elmhurst, 3 from tring and 1 from the vienna state school!! Very high standard and not expecting anything at all, panel were pretty clear about who they wanted!

How did they make it clear who they wanted BadBallerina? Doesn't sound very professional of them, I will ask my DD what she thought as I think she may have been in with you.

Apologies for my poor counting- I just glanced at the lists, but obviously should have gone to spec savers! Dd was in a different group to bad ballerina, but said the opposite - she felt that the panel gave everyone fair and equal attention. She also felt the standard was very high, and quite a few international students in her group too, so no expectations, but a very enjoyable day.

• Like 2

There was some fairly obvious staring and pointing but given there were so many members on the panel, everyone must indeed have been looked at. It wasn't particularly unfair but I agree that the standard was very very high and I know I was one of the weakest in my group and I'm certainly not expecting anything from it but it was a good experience and I think, an achievement even to get finals given that there were probably less than 15 non-vocational UK girls there! :)