Questions about Upper School auditions

Anna C

Thank you. It is stiff competition! By the time WL places are allocated and competition winners take up allocated spaces the advertised audition process seems to fill up just a couple of places. Some consolation that DD said she saw one or two international students yesterday who were astonishingly advanced managing about 6 perfect pirouettes en pointe. Also a no to them. It makes getting into Oxbridge look like a walk in the park....!

• Like 11

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Angel sad to hear that your boy got moved .Lets hope he moved on to great things after you gave him the opportunities to perform and maybe he took those opportunities some where even more interesting.

I was quite amazed when my Foster daughter, now my daughter wanted to audition for Upper School . I gave her the opportunities to dance but did not expect any thing to materialize despite the fact that she really did have a great body to dance.

Upper School auditions are a tough time . I thought my daughter was an absolute star last year (and she is  )but probably just quite average really in the whole scheme of things.Never the less she is really well settled into an Upper School now and thriving and embracing all that the school has to offer. If she does not get injured she will probably have the chance to do better than I did .

• Like 1

Tarantella I have heard half a dozen WL and half a dozen competition places for the girls plus whoever they took from Finals on Sunday but not sure if that is accurate. Either way it is going to be very very stiff competition at ENB in 10 days.

I auditioned for Tring 6th form dance and I made onto the reserved list for the scholarships, how many people get put on the reserved list , If so do I still have a chance at gaining one? :)

Yes there's still a chance, there will still be movement on waiting lists, as some people will have had more than one offer and accept a place elsewhere, so fingers crossed for you  :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

50 odd girls - very high standard.....

Unlike Royal there were more UK dancers as well as international candidates. I gather there are to be loads of candidates at Elmhurst tomorrow too.

Edited by Flora

Think there's between 30 and 35 girls at Elmhurst today. One of dd's friends told us there were about 25 boys last week. It's been a really well organised and friendly day so far. Dd is doing her audition class after lunch and has had physio assessment, tour and interview/chat this morning.

• Like 2