Hi my dd has a funding audition at tring next week. Is there anyone who did this last year who is able to give a bit more info about what the ballet class involved... there’s ballet classes and ballet classes! Was it s fairly standard barre, centre, and fast bits st the end ( sorry not the right lingo!) , was there any improvisation, anything else? A few tips would be great. Thanks. Good luck to all those doing these auditions everywhere in the next couple of weeks xx

• Like 1

As far as I remember, it was a standard ballet class - barre, centre work / adage,  pirouettes and allegro. Nothing else. It was slightly more challenging than the first audition. Some people were sent for physio afterwards.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your replies i have contacted them they know that she needs boarding! Good luck to anyone else auditioning next week.

Edited by GAB Dancer

Th

On 12/03/2019 at 05:36, valentina said:

As far as I remember, it was a standard ballet class - barre, centre work / adage,  pirouettes and allegro. Nothing else. It was slightly more challenging than the first audition. Some people were sent for physio afterwards.

Thank you that’s helpful.

Does anyone know how long Elmhurst takes to post out results for final auditions ? - specifically for boys lower school . Thanks

Last year it was just under two weeks - for girls and boys - and it came in a letter.  Good luck! 

My dd is on the reserve list for the Hammond. I have absolutely no idea where on the list she is but I am gutted for her. She wants this so much. 

My son is too @ponklemum. I rang the Hammond to seek advice re any other financial assistance and they said they won’t know anything with regards to bursaries until the end of next week. Without funding he won’t be able to attend. I am heartbroken for him but decided not to say anything to him until the bursary conversation next week. 

Don't forget that there will be some movement as offers for elmhurst and Tring go out - last year to my knowledge about 4 or 5 children got MDS off the wait list.

Thank you. I’ve phoned up and am waiting for a call back to discuss things. Can I just ask them then where she is on the list? X

Last year we were given the information freely as to where our children were on the list.  I have heard this year that they are not discussing Bursaries yet until the end of next week, which is a shame as more waiting.. but yes don't give up, there are other schools who have not sent out their decisions yet so there is always movement .. Good luck !

They can give you an idea of whether your child is close enough to the top to be in with a chance of an award. My daughter was in the top third of the reserve list last year, so she did well, but unless everyone turned down their MDS she wasn't going to get one! That clearly wasn't going to happen so we came off the list and accepted a bursary instead.

My dd has an mds offer at Hammond year 7. We are delighted although I cried at the thought of her leaving me. We are waiting on Tring and Elmhurst results before we decide 100% but she is very happy.

• Like 3

Does anyone have a clue as to when term information/financial info etc gets issued from RBS for WL?

3 hours ago, AuditionIngenu said:

Dear All. 

Does anyone know if Elmhurst has a waiting list for Year 7 entrance Sept 2019?

They usually have a ‘reserve pool’ not strictly a list. If places become available they meet up and discuss who to give the places to. They said in the last that it depends on things like beds and class numbers too which is why it’s not a strict list. 

• Like 1

She is. But a friend’s daughter didn’t get an offer and I was wondering if there might be any future movement or openings for her. X

Wonder if they do it straight away, but my son declined y7 Elmhurst place so that would have been 1 freed up.... not sure that helps to know.. x

With Elmhurst they will look at bed availability. A boy turning down a place will mean he frees a boys bed (unless was a day pupil). 

Posted (edited)

I gather that there was no reserve pool last year, as they re-opened the audition process in early May and held an additional ‘finals’ of sorts. I think students would have been told if they were in a reserve pool, so a straight ‘no’ would be unlikely to yield a place, although I might be wrong. I think the additional round had already been advertised by this time last year, though. A lot can happen in a year, though, and it is definitely worth trying again for Year 8.

Edited by SissonneDoublee
Typo

I know. Thank you Sissonedoublee. I want to give my friend as much encouragement as possible to keep going. She’s stronger than I would have been had my DD not had an offer and so she is an inspiration. As indeed are many of you.

• Like 1

It is also worth knowing that a few of the places gained by the second round of auditions last year had previously been given a no, so as already stated anything is possible! 

Best wishes to your steadfast friend! 

Hi everyone!

I have a question regarding the MDS. I'm currently in two minds regarding whether I would like for my DD to board. We live not too far away from Tring so being a day student is definitely an option. If DD gets offered an MDS boarding place, is it possible to change your mind during acceptance and become a day pupil?

Also, should circumstances change in the following year and DD decides to board, would the MDS fund a boarding place if a bed is available?

This is for Year 7 so we'll be auditioning next year.

Thank you!

If you don’t live far away, I would suggest being a day pupil. 

• Like 2