Oh dancingWellies that's amazing congrats to your daughter, it's only our first audition so we are just waiting to see if she has made finals.

Thanks Sarah2203 fingers crossed 🤗

• Like 2

My DDs audition for Elmhurst, Yr7, is in a couple of weeks. Should she wear her RBS JA leotard or should we avoid this? I can't decide. -_-

• Like 2

I was advised against it last year. If you’ve put it on the form, they’ll know what associate scheme she is with. Plus it’s not the most flattering leotard. However a couple of girls did for Elmhurst last year, but the vast majority of JAs didn’t, they wore something they felt most comfortable in and what flattered them best xx good luck to your dd x x 

• Like 1

Hi all, what leotard is best to wear? Camisole/tank? High leg? Not black? I'm  sure it has been asked before, but I just had an awful dream about turning up in the completely wrong dress for an audition ! 

I wasn't aware of this, we are new to this so I did let my dd wear her JA leotard to the audition as I didn't put it on the form as it I don't think it asked? 🙈 I agree they are not the most flattering leotards, I guess you learn so much along the way.

I've heard they are usually quite quick to let you know good luck, it's the worst time having to wait I'm hoping we will find out before the weekend.

• Like 1

Good luck to everyone, I hope you hear soon. My DD auditioned in November and Elmhurst were very quick in getting back to us (6 days!), so I'm sure you'll hear very soon. x

Edited by Danceintherain
  • Like 5

No post for us either, we were in last Tuesdayat 11am. Maybe they'e reviewing all of last  weeks scores together? I think there was auditions on the Thursday too?

• Like 3

Two years ago when DD auditioned I think there were about 55 girls at Elmhurst finals for y7.

Last year at WL I think they took around 60 for Y7 finals, from what I remember hearing on here?

Good luck to everyone waiting!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NicolaP17 said:

That's more than I expected. How is your dd getting on now Dancingintherain? Didn't she do well to get to finals

Thank you, she did do well. She was offered an RBS MA place in the end, and also attends the Elmhurst EYD programme, and now going through the audition process again for year 10 entry. So far she's received a place on the waiting list for Tring and a finals audition for Elmhurst. It's an exciting and stressful time, particularly when they want it so much. I hope you get the Elmhurst pre-lim results soon - good luck! x

• Like 4

Hasn't she done well, that is actually the route I would love my daughter to take as I don't want to let her go away at 11. Fingers crossed your dd gets in this year and that this is her time.... so our journey has just began... I suppose you just have to go with it and deal with the highs and lows along the way, they will make their own individual journeys... good luck everyone 🍀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AuntieNora said:

It was a no for my DD for Elmhurst year 8 😢.  Good Luck every one 😘

So sorry to heat that AuntieNora. Lovely to see you sending good wishes to those still waiting. 

Hope your DD is ok. x

• Like 2

AuntieNora I'm so sorry to hear that, but I have heard it is so hard to receive a year 8 place as they are so limited... she has done so well, I admire all of these girls and boys 

• Like 5

Oh no Auntie Nora.Hope she will be ok.They are such courageous kids going for their dreams.No way I could have even gone to an audition.You obviously opened the letter.I promised my DD I would not!!! (Might have to try steaming and re sealing!). Perhaps for you DD it means there is a better offer just around the corner xxx

• Like 4