Questions about Lower School auditions

outofmydepth

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, NicolaP17 said:

That's more than I expected. How is your dd getting on now Dancingintherain? Didn't she do well to get to finals

Thank you, she did do well. She was offered an RBS MA place in the end, and also attends the Elmhurst EYD programme, and now going through the audition process again for year 10 entry. So far she's received a place on the waiting list for Tring and a finals audition for Elmhurst. It's an exciting and stressful time, particularly when they want it so much. I hope you get the Elmhurst pre-lim results soon - good luck! x

• Like 4

Hasn't she done well, that is actually the route I would love my daughter to take as I don't want to let her go away at 11. Fingers crossed your dd gets in this year and that this is her time.... so our journey has just began... I suppose you just have to go with it and deal with the highs and lows along the way, they will make their own individual journeys... good luck everyone 🍀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NicolaP17 said:

AuntieNora I'm so sorry to hear that, but I have heard it is so hard to receive a year 8 place as they are so limited... she has done so well, I admire all of these girls and boys 

Thanks NicolaP17, Thank You we have Royal still to wait for, so fingers crossed. 

Bless her she got to finals for year 7 Royal last year and in Royal MA’s at the moment.

We will just keep trying, so many talented children out there.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, AuntieNora said:

Thanks NicolaP17, Thank You we have Royal still to wait for, so fingers crossed. 

Bless her she got to finals for year 7 Royal last year and in Royal MA’s at the moment.

We will just keep trying, so many talented children out there.

That's amazing. She is doing so well and it just means it's not her time yet. Year 8 is a toughie, so just keep going, I truly believe the knock backs make them stronger and helps them determine how much they really want it. x

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, NicolaP17 said:

Hasn't she done well, that is actually the route I would love my daughter to take as I don't want to let her go away at 11. Fingers crossed your dd gets in this year and that this is her time.... so our journey has just began... I suppose you just have to go with it and deal with the highs and lows along the way, they will make their own individual journeys... good luck everyone 🍀

Yes, in hindsight, I'm glad she stayed at home and, if anything, it showed us how much she really does want this. She's older now, and her passion for ballet has just gotten stronger, and that will make it easier for us to let her go if she gained a place. Full time at year 7, 8, 9 or 10 isn't the only route. x

• Like 4

Thank you, she will be gutted as she really liked the school. 

But yes, your right something else will come along.

Although didn’t make RBS WL last year, she has had so many lovely opportunities acting and modelling this year.

Which she wouldn’t have done, if she was away. 

Good Luck to all, so hope it’s good news for you. 🤞🏼

• Like 2

Postman just been here and brought a yes for year 8 final . Shocked but thrilled for her as she loves it there and was gutted with a no after finals last year . 

Good luck to all those with finals this year and don’t give up to those who have missed out , there is always next year x 

• Like 14

It was a no for my dd too. I think she'll be absolutely fine. She tried last year and was quite nervous so felt she had to go this time and show how much better she is. She felt she gave her all this time round so had said she was pleased even if it was a no. 

We've still got hammond first round to do and she loved that school last year. She's currently part of the CAT scheme and she is thriving there. If it doesnt happen this year she is receiving some brilliant training in the mean time.

• Like 8