Dancing over Christmas Holidays

BalletBloch

With so many auditions taking place in mid-January, it must be quite difficult to stay on top form and prepare for them if you can't find somewhere to dance!

I totally agree with you T4Ballet.  For us all ballet stops at the beginning of December which is usually fine and a nice break. This year though we have three auditions in January.

• Like 2

Our local dance schools vary and while one school breaks up at the beginning of December, another 2 that dd goes to breaks up when the schools do (just before Christmas). One school also offers classes in between Christmas and New Year - don't think finances will stretch to private lessons with auditions in January onwards for 2 children :(

Michelle, if you were taking DDS everywhere as we were six days a week, I think you might feel differently. Sunday was the only day I had off and getting them to their lessons, beating traffic jams, cooking and making them do their homework was both tiring and fraught.

• Like 5

Michelle, if you were taking DDS everywhere as we were six days a week, I think you might feel differently. Sunday was the only day I had off and getting them to their lessons, beating traffic jams, cooking and making them do their homework was both tiring and fraught.

Sounds like my dd's life Fiz - personally I think that the Christmas holidays are a time to have a rest, eat what you fancy, watch telly and enjoy your pressies. It's the only holiday when dd doesn't ask to do a holiday dance course, and enjoys the break.

• Like 6

Awe Fiz

I was just making the comment there is still ballet in December if you really look for it. Anyway Christmas time is for families, and basically I don’t have any, anymore. Don’t get me wrong the run up to Christmas will be full of dance parties and the like as I’m very much a socialite, but Christmas day itself I usually spend on my own. So for once I get to enjoy my home rather than using it as base to operate from. Anyway its an excuse to go a buy two more gorgeous tutu's . 

For us all ballet stops at the beginning of December which is usually fine and a nice break. This year though we have three auditions in January.

Thats exactly what dd had last year, three auditions in early Jan and no classes over the holiday beforehand.

Oh well, at least everyone will be in the much same situation :) Best of luck with the auditions.