Elastics on Pointe Shoes

lailalala

I am really struggling to find thick ballet elastic for my pointe shoes. I don't want the Bloch invisible type, I don't really think its not strong enough. Gaynor Minden do pre cut lengths at 3/4", but I can't seem to find it in the UK. 

I can't find anything in my local sewing shops, only in black and white. I am really struggling. 

If anyone knows where I might be able to get some, I would be grateful. 

thank you

Laila

You used to be able to buy the stronger, thicker elastic from Capezio as part of a Bunheads kit with ribbons. Not sure if they still sell it. It's just like the elastic you get on split soles but obviously it's wider.

DD finds that her pointes only ever need elastic if she has to wear them for class before they are broken in but in those cases we find the invisible elastic sufficient.

Bloch do a very good wide pointe shoe elastic as well as the invisible type (which I have also given up on for my dd). I also bought some quite long strips of pointe shoe elastic , not as quite as wide as the bloch but strong, from dancewear 365 and think it was only £1 a set.

My DD much prefers the wider (3/4 inch or 18mm) elastic. She has tried thinner elastic and also Bloch invisible elastic, the latter is expensive too! Have you tried purchasing on line? Also you might like to try Freed as that is where we have previously purchased vamp elastic and the 3/4 elastic on this USA website http://www.tutu.com/dwear_accy_01.html is described as "Freed pink". 

My DD much prefers the wider (3/4 inch or 18mm) elastic. She has tried thinner elastic and also Bloch invisible elastic, the latter is expensive too! Have you tried purchasing on line? Also you might like to try Freed as that is where we have previously purchased vamp elastic and the 3/4 elastic on this USA website http://www.tutu.com/dwear_accy_01.html is described as "Freed pink". 

Welcome to the forum Lucinda!  We look forward to hearing more from you.

• Like 1