YBSS 2013 students in Balletboyz film. Gala Sadlers Wells, Sun 29 Sept.

Arky

Those dancers who attended the York course this year may be able to spot themselves at the start of the gala evening in a short film made at YBSS this summer by the Balletboyz. This will be followed by remarkable footage of a 14 year old Brandon Lawrence, ex-YBSS student, & now with the BRB.

The Star Studded Gala is to raise funds for the Yorkshire Ballet Summer School, which is a small charity. Over the years many students have benefitted from scholarships and bursaries to attend.

Hosted by Sir Ant (Dowell) & Sir Dec (Jacobi), the line-up includes singer Michael Ball, Imelda Staunton, Jim Carter from Downton Abbey, Samantha Bond, Wayne Sleep, Sergei Polunin, Balletboyz “the Talent”, and stars of the Royal Ballet [steven McCrae & Elizabeth Harrod], Birmingham Royal Ballet, Scottish Ballet, Northern Ballet, Rambert Dance Company & English National Ballet .

Tickets £12 to £60, with some at £85, which includes a programme & post show reception. Book on 0844 412 4300 or www.sadlerswell.com

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing with us Arky. One of my DD's attended this amazing SS this year for the first time, had an amazing expereince and she and my elder DD will be applying for next year...it would be amazing if my DD was on the film...probably not, though that doesn't matter, I would have loved to see the gala, but already had tickets for the Genee, which has its final on the same night so am in Glasgow not London....best wishes for an amazing evening......

• Like 1

Just been announced Sergei Poulin also appearing in YBS Gala. Like Nana Lily I'm at Genee. Saw the YBS Gala a few years ago in York. It was very entertaining. Does not seem that long ago but Brandon Lawrence I'm sure was performing as a student along with a few others who are now dancing in companies in the UK.

At a Friends' talk yesterday Brandon Lawrence said he and Samara Downs (BRB) are performing the duet from Solitaire and Brandon is also performing a solo.

Northern Ballet's Toby Batley, Jessica Morgan and Nicola Gervasi are performing Kenneth Tindall's Bitter Earth, which is to music by Dinah Washington and is very moving and beautiful.

I hope you will all report back about the gala on the Performances Seen Forum.  Enjoy everyone!

• Like 1