double or crossed elastic

along for the ride mum

Hi I thoughtful seen a thread about this but my search has been fruitless. When sewing the double or crossed elastic on ballet shoes, should they be sewn in a particular way ie should the elastic that cross over or under in a particular order? I hope I've made that clear, can't think how to explain what I mean . To add to it, time is vital, I have to do it in the next hour or two. Thanks 

Nope, don't think it makes any difference which side crosses underneath. The main thing is don't sew it too tight. If the elastics at the heel end aren't already pre-sewn then make sure they are at least a thumb-print's width either side of the back seam.

Edited to add this might help: http://www.blochshop.co.uk/images/product/large_zoom/3074.jpg

I have the piece that goes from the instep crossing on top as I think they fit better that way but don't know if that is 'correct'. If they are new shoes they could be switched to the other feet if it's not, as long as you sew the two shoes with the opposite piece of elastic on top iykwim

• Like 2