Star Studded Gala in aid of YBSS - Sun 29 Sept, Sadlers Wells

Arky

Star Studded Gala in aid of the Yorkshire Ballet Summer School - Sunday 29 Sep 2013, 7pm Sadlers Wells.

Hosted by Sir Ant (Dowell) & Sir Dec (Jacobi), the evening will start with a short film made at YBSS 2013 by Balletboyz, Michael Nunn & William Trevitt, followed by remarkable footage of a 14 year old Brandon Lawrence, ex-YBSS student, & now with the BRB. 

The line-up includes singer Michael Ball, Imelda Staunton, Jim Carter from Downton Abbey, Samantha Bond, Wayne Sleep, Sergei Polunin, Balletboyz “the Talent”, and stars of the Royal Ballet [steven McCrae & Elizabeth Harrod], Birmingham Royal Ballet, Scottish Ballet, Northern Ballet, Rambert Dance Company & English National Ballet .

Tickets £12 to £60, with some at £85, which includes a programme & post show reception. Book on 0844 412 4300  or www.sadlerswell.com

STOP PRESS – SERGEI POLUNIN will perform on the night – September 29th !

Marguerite Porter:
“I’m absolutely thrilled and delighted that Sergei is taking time out of his extremely busy schedule to join us at Sadler’s Wells on September 29th.  Sergei’s very supportive of the Yorkshire Ballet Summer School and he has a real understanding of the value of the charity.   He’s danced in the last three galas and will be flying in especially from Moscow to be with us.”

Link for more details of Gala and to buy tickets:

http://www.sadlerswells.com/show/Yorkshire-Ballet-Summer-School-2013

• Like 3

These are, of course, for many alarming economic times .... (the Governor of the Bank of England says he has 'tremendous sympathy' for savers, especially those among the retirees) .... so the lack of sales at this point for this particular outing is perhaps not all that surprising.  Sales certainly are not vast for the Stuttgart Ballet either as it happens.      

• Like 1

I'd love to go to the Gala and I also would love to go to the Ashton day at the RBS but I simply can't afford it. I have already bought RB Amphi tickets to see Don Q. , the Triple Bill and R&J and that's all I can afford to see over the next couple of months. With food prices, rents, commuting costs, etc rising something has to give, and I'd rather watch a few RB performances instead of the many other great things on offer in London.

• Like 1

These are, of course, for many alarming economic times .... (the Governor of the Bank of England says he has 'tremendous sympathy' for savers, especially those among the retirees) .... so the lack of sales at this point for this particular outing is perhaps not all that surprising.  Sales certainly are not vast for the Stuttgart Ballet either as it happens.      

I don't think I even knew it was happening until I was browsing the SW website a couple of days ago :(

I wish I had known about this earlier as I would have made the effort to travel down to London. I will already be there for the Nederlands dans theater workshop on Wednesday and I could have made a week of it. Ah well can't see every performance...and now there are no tickets left! Which is a very good thing for YBBS :)

Thanks for the heads up Janet! Although I have taken one of the excellent masterclasses at BRB headquarters I've never seen a performance by BRB. After the Aladdin masterclass I really wish that I had managed to see Aladdin when it was on tour! Can't wait to see Sleeping Beauty now I hope there are some tickets left!