Hammond School Open Day - September 2013

Picturesinthefirelight

Do you know if they will be having any other open days? My Dd is working on a dance project and can't miss a days training and the one earlier this year she was doing her gcse's :wacko:

We really want to go see the school to see if its right for her and have questions about the audition process as she's not had singing or acting classes and it says you have to do these in the audition even if you only want the dance course :(  My Dd is really stressing over this as she knows its also needed for Tring.

x

In the past few years Hammond have done a taster day end Nov/early Dec aimed at those wishing to audition for 6th form diploma courses.  It is more for the student than the parent.  They do classes in jazz, musical theatre, street, vocal and musical theatre and get a tour of the school.  The parents have a short talk at the start of the day and can watch a little of the final class.  If they run it again this year I imagine details will go on the website in October as it is a bit early yet.  This might be an option for you and your DD sugarplumsmum.

• Like 2

We also can't make the open day :( have heard great things from parents/pupils via NYB,I called them yesterday and spoke to a very nice lady who answered all my questions :) netherless to say form & photos etc have been sent, one of many our dd wants to try for its going to be a very busy few months coming up :)

• Like 1

Re needing to sing and act for Tring. For dance course you only have to do the dancing. The rest is optional to show if you might be suitable for Theatre Arts. I know people who only danced and who got called back for the mds audition. Tell your dd not to panic. If she doesn't want to do it at Tring, she doesn't have to. My dd did have to do it at her Hammond audition 6 years ago though.

• Like 2

Yes, tell yr dd not to stress, as kiwimum said above, you certainly do NOT have to sing or act for the dance course at Tring. My dd has just started on the dance course there in the lower sixth (with a Dada) & had her auditions last Jan & Feb. She did not have to sing or act, even when called back for the second Dada auditon. They had to do ballet & jazz, plus a solo dance.