Adult Tap Classes Bristol

Mumofballetmaddaughter

Can anyone recommend any schools which offer adult tap classes in the Bristol area please? Eldest daughter, aged 26, would like to go back to tap after a break of 9 years.  Her previous tap training was ISTD but she would be happy doing any style. She isn't looking to do exams as it would just be for recreational and fitness purposes.  

Sorry I'm nowhere near Bristol. Have you tried looking on the IDTA website? They list schools by area and have links to schools websites etc so you might find something. www.idta.co.uk

Good luck! Oh and if you end up with a beginner class I think you should go along with her!

Thanks for the quick response Aurora, I'll pass your suggestion onto my daughter. Going to classes with her is a lovely idea but unfortunately she lives 2 hours away from me!  I'd be even more hopeless at dance than usual at the moment as I'm recuperating from fairly extensive (and painful) foot and ankle surgery to correct a long standing problem caused by a very high instep.  The dance shoes will have to wait a while longer!

I too hope you recover quickly.  In Bristol your daughter might like to try Dance Station/344 ballet school .  I have no personal experience of the adult classes but know they do them in a variety of styles, including ballet, tap, modern.  They are based in Fishponds but have branches elsewhere in the city.  They were recommended to us for our teenage DD originally but she got into vocational school so we never followed up on it.

www.dancestation.org.uk

Does anyone know of adult tap in the Runnymede, Woking area.  We're looking to going back to Tap but have 3 different levels. DD Adv 2+, Me reasonable and a friend who is getting there.  Tried one this week but she won't run with less than 8 people and friend found it to advanced. We just want a class with bit of fun.