Has anyone actually seen any dance recently?

It's been a month or so since the Bolshoi went home, and here in London it's felt as though there's been quite a lull dance-wise, with various companies being on holiday.  But has it been like that everywhere?  The Edinburgh Festival and Fringe has been on, obviously, but what else?  Have you seen anything - maybe on holiday and/or abroad - that you'd like to share with us?

I, for one, am starting to get withdrawal symptoms ...

• Like 1

Alison:  The Links available in my stint this week have been perhaps 60% Previews of events to come, and it was a welcome relief to have Laura Cappelle's Review of Dutch National's season opener this morning.  Oddly, I don't recall having quite such a 'between seasons' feeling in past years.

I think this feeling may be particularly acute this year, Alison, as we all enjoyed such a magnificently varied dance feast even after the close of the RB season.  How lucky we were.  Would that we could have such a similar smorgasbord  of international balletic/dance variety each and every year ... in tandem, of course, with our standard main courses of indigenous fare (which are themselves made up of just so many international streams).  That continued combination would be truly Olympian!!:  A fantastic legacy.   

Edited by Meunier

I missed all of the fantastic performances by the Bolshoi in 2013 even though I booked tickets however in 2010 I spent a few weeks in London around the time of the Bolshoi visit and I can remember London being a hubub of activity prior to and during the arrival of the Bolshoi and then it feeling dreary in their absence and being much quieter. I think visitors must come from all over the world to see the Bolshoi perform but I can empathise with exactly what you are describing the lull after a great high of an excellent visit or series of performances.

Well its not Ballet but I saw a glorious evening of song and mostly dance at Swindon last week. Check out www.french can-can.com. The dancers from Ballet Theatre Uk nearly gave me heart failure with their breathtaking antics and the Moulin Rouge inspired costumes are out of this world.

So not Ballet but do check out tour dates for an evening of high quality dance nonetheless!

• Like 1

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms (not that I go that often compared to most on here)! So off to see Northern Ballet's MSND on my birthday (the 26th) in Woking. Will anyone else be there?

Will miss my winter trip to Estonia to see my son dance this year too as he's recovering from an op, but will try to see RB R&J instead ;-)

• Like 1