Progressions: New RAD Advanced Syllabi

Anna C

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be so lovely if you could watch the recording, yetanotherdancemum! (although your DD may not agree?!) I will ask DD's vocational examiner teacher (when she returns from her current exam tour) whether mere mortals would ever get the chance to see any of the recording or whether it's strictly shown to examiners in their updates/seminars as I suspect ;-)

I was getting really stressed with all the new grades from the RAD and was considering just finishing off the grade 7/8 and upwards students and then retiring.This is the third complete new lot of grades in my career also having students half way through old syllabus .

Then an ex student turned up newly qualified and full of enthusiasm  and has taken over the new grades from the pre-school to grade 3. I will do the new 4/5 grade course but I suspect I will not teach it. BUT the new Intermediate foundation/Intermediate/advanced foundation were greatly inspiring for me and my students great results as well.I am now nearly finished teaching the new Advanced 1started it in January, we are loving it.and luckily my young teacher bobs in and dances along. I have to finish the old Advanced 2 students this next session but they should be okay and fortunately they have all got their chosen places this week to go on to. Such a stressful time for all the families and me but now a relief for another year. Congratulations to all you dancers out there and your families on working so hard for your dreams.I think Intermediate is the minimum for getting on the teaching certificate course, get in touch with the Academy they will help.My advanced students have 2 classes a week and I have one 14 yr old in Adv 1 but usually Adv 2 is A level students. This is not fixed I have a 17yr old in Inter.

ballet teacher

• Like 1

I am doing a 3 day course on grade 4/5 RAD new syllabus to comply with CPD though I won't teach it but it is near my home and I don't have to stay over in a hotel as I would have to do if I went to the advanced courses I really want.Did the Primary course what a waste of a day. Have introduced some IDTA lower ballet grades and children like them and they are more like the old RAD grade,choreograph the dance, free improvisation. .Enough to teach in year to a really good technical standard. Work was set by RAD trained exam board. Not too expensive for parents.Teacher organises day, students can be added or withdrawn on the day.No pressure, fill in a form ask for the day you want and everything is great plus the school is billed for numbers on the day,pay the bill and get 25% of fees returned. Hard to keep a school afloat with just RAD.No pre-registration.Really friendly headquarters and talk to the examiner 2 weeks before to advise of any changes etc.AND no CPD spend a really friendly day in July in Southport at the Congress. Exams carry UCAS points.