ROH booking - period 2 13/14

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to laugh (to myself) just now.  I called the ROH to check that I hadn't mislaid the tickets that I booked.  (Old age I fear!!!)  I was assured that they have only just been put in the post.  'We didn't start posting until the 26th' he said.  I had written on this board on 22.10 that I bought these at the opening of this 'general booking period' ... or 'booking for the poor'.  I now feel totally justified in saying that.  The ROH box office rep I spoke to just now - a nice lad - said - and I quote precisely - 'Oh, they're cheap tickets I see' ....

They are, I fear. ..... 

My case in point ... or is that a point in case???  

Would that it could come wrapped in cash .... or that I might be made of money. 

As it is, it's all I can realistically afford.

Enough said.  

I (and obviously he) know(s) my place.  Is this what the ROH means by 'branding'?????

Edited by Meunier

I posted this on another thread: there were more Osipova/Acosta Giselle tickets the second time I looked today (about an hour later) The same two tickets in Row G of the Amphitheatre were available at all three O/A performances, which I thought was odd. It's almost as if some tickets had been reserved or held back and then released today.

Some Row H/G seats used to be held for people on a Hamlyn access scheme when someone I knew was part of it a few years ago.

And for some strange reasons the Nutcracker insight is now showing plenty of tickets again, after showing as booked when I looked yesterday. I might end up sitting on someone's lap after all. And I'm pretty sure they won't thank me for it.

Edited by Coated
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've just had the pleasure of booking access seats NOT on general booking opening day - what a very different experience! A couple of minutes on the phone to a lovely, friendly chap - all booked, job done! A very pleasurable experience!

• Like 1

Whoopee!  Is this the start of something new?

Incidentally, last time I did one of those "thank you for coming to the ROH" surveys I noticed they'd added a question asking whether you considered yourself to have a disability, and whether or not you were on the Access List.  It didn't go any further than that, unfortunately, or I might have added something along the lines of the Access seats not being within my budget any more.

• Like 1

They are still very expensive if you have to have the most comfortable seat possible, on an aisle with extra legroom - like stalls, DG Grand Tier or Balcony at a pinch! That said, they do offer a decent discount in many cases.

If the disability in question allows you to stand, or be comfortable on bench seats, loose seats or amphi seats then of course you can get nice cheap seats for even less. I can't so it's a case of only going once a year (or twice if very lucky) but having a great seat.

I think they are, it's very difficult to accommodate every type of disability. :-)

There are so many types of disability and it's not a case of simply "do you need a wheelchair space". The ROH Access scheme goes into a good level of detail, and evidence if you need to apply for a discount. My particular disability is tricky because of the levels of pain AND mobility issues I suffer, whereas if it were one without the other, more types of seat would be open to me. I know through bitter experience that the only seats which make it just about possible to go to the ROH are the most expensive - purely because they are the most comfortable and have decent legroom. That's not the ROH's fault, it's just my bad luck. :-)

The ONLY time I get frustrated is when trying to book access seats on General Booking day - you can't book them online, there's no specific access phone number, so it ALWAYS means hanging on the phone to the box office for literally hours on end. I have raised this problem with them many times over the last few years....to no avail.

Well perhaps after all the hundreds of levels of Friends (or even before us lot I wouldn't mind) people needing any type of special provision should have a day to themselves before the mass public booking day which should make it a bit easier OR surely on Public booking day there could be at least ONE phone line given over to Access people? Perhaps if there was a delay of just one day to the public going IN PERSON to book so all hands were on deck for the phones on the very first day......don't know whether that scenario would work.

I must admit as I get older I do like to have a good view so am inclined to go less maybe 4-5 times a year but opt for a better seat but I don't mind standing as the view is so good.......would rather stand than be at the back of the Amphi. I have in the last two years been prescribed "driving" glasses(as well as the reading variety) and these are excellent at the theatre too so can see faces more clearly etc from certain distances away.......so like to fit in with this at mo. No doubt (touch wood) by the time I'm 80 should be fine to see even from back of Amphi!!!!

• Like 2