She's home!

Picturesinthefirelight

Got in st 7.50 as they stopped for tea en route - she was starving as apparently they were out late for lunch and not much left. (Although I don't think tuna wrap, salad & yoghurt is not much myself what's the girl want?)

You'd have thought after such a long day shed rest for half an hour before bed. No. She practised her street dance & did some stretching.

Hasn't done ballet today because of assembly - that starts tomorrow. Two classes plus tap.

• Like 4

It must be lovely to get to hear all about her day.  My DD said the street dance was difficult (she's never done it before).  She'll be more in her comfort zone tomorrow with ballet.  Just wondering what level they will start at?

• Like 1

Dd has done a bit of street dance but only in the last 12 months & it's def not her "thing". She said it was challenging.

From the day dd started reception class she has been communicative! Other parents used to ask me what they'd done as all they got was "can't remember" whereas dd have me a complete running commentary.

Sorry Julie. They started vocational school today but dd is a day pupil not a boarder.

• Like 1

Hi Nana Lily, my year 7 rang very briefly but it sounded like they had lots of room sorting and organising to do. She said lots of girls are homesick tonight but after their late night I'm guessing most of that is down to being tired.  I'm sure your DD is fine.  She'll be settling into her dorm x

Yes she does! I've just spoken to her and I think you were also on the phone to your DD? You've now managed to make contact? I'm still really confused as to the way that ballet works now after the big change. She's sending me a picture of the time table, she's promised!

Dd's interpretation is that RAD ballet (2 per week) is by grade regardless of year group and class ballet (not sure how many sessions) is in year groups. For tap, a smallish number of yr 8s and 9s ( not sure if any 7s) have been put in an exam group ( presumably inter foundation) and dd seemed to think there could be exams later this term for some who know the syllabus and March for those just starting). More is emerging each day! Think dd has ballet, street and choreography tomorrow morning.