Son having foot operation

JulieW

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So good to hear that he is getting back to dance more than just barre . After watching my DS in class today I could see he was just itching to get to the allegro section , so I can well imagine how frustrating it must be not to be able to jump , pirouette and generally fly around the studio ! ????

• 10 months later...

Very excited to say I've just booked my flights to go and watch ds dance in his company's Nutcracker the weekend before Christmas.  I missed out on the snow and Christmas stuff there by a week when we first visited two years ago - he says the snow's started a little bit, so I'm hopeful  ;)

I had to work on my hubby a bit to convince him that I was serious about going out there as ds is coming home for a few days on the same flight that I'll come back on, but my persistence paid off  :)

• Like 24

Very excited to say I've just booked my flights to go and watch ds dance in his company's Nutcracker the weekend before Christmas.  I missed out on the snow and Christmas stuff there by a week when we first visited two years ago - he says the snow's started a little bit, so I'm hopeful  ;)

I had to work on my hubby a bit to convince him that I was serious about going out there as ds is coming home for a few days on the same flight that I'll come back on, but my persistence paid off  :)

Have a safe and wonderful trip!

I can quite understand why you would want to go and watch your son in his company's Nutcracker, Julie. The operation and the long recovery period must have focused your mind on the precariousness of his chosen career. Injuries can strike any dancer at any time, even the young ones. Please report back on the performance. I'm not sure which company he's with. Is it Estonian National Ballet, led by former ENB principal Thomas Edur? 

Enjoy x

Thanks all. 

Not Estonian National Aileen (he made it to the end of the audition there, but no offer!) - he's with Vanemuine Ballet Theatre.  Although they're a ballet company he does also get to dance in the musicals they put on - this year they're doing a new production of Phantom which looks wonderful and the dancers are involved a lot throughout.

Our first trip out to see him two years ago was to see Nutcracker (or Pähklipureja) and I'm so glad I'm going again.  It's quite different from the productions here - much more of a "folk" story.  I'll certainly be in the Christmas mood by the time I come back.

He's been working really hard on his physique and technique since he's been back to full strength so it'll be interesting to see what difference I can see ;)

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Latest update. Foot's fine, although will never be "perfect". But the news is that he comes back to the UK for good on Monday. So excited to have him back (won't be living with us, but will probably come home regularly for class at his old school - and my cooking!). He just decided that as he didn't want to stay in Estonia forever it was time to come back and look for work here. Wish him luck in his search!! In the meantime he'll be found at Pineapple and Danceworks with his girlfriend I expect :-)

• Like 19

Latest update. Foot's fine, although will never be "perfect". But the news is that he comes back to the UK for good on Monday. So excited to have him back (won't be living with us, but will probably come home regularly for class at his old school - and my cooking!). He just decided that as he didn't want to stay in Estonia forever it was time to come back and look for work here. Wish him luck in his search!! In the meantime he'll be found at Pineapple and Danceworks with his girlfriend I expect :-)

Is his girlfriend a ballet dancer as well,Julie?