Son having foot operation

JulieW

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

We've known lots of people who've had bone spurs removed, just a bit concerned about the location and getting the movement back, but hopefully if it's healed well things should be ok. They have a good company physio :-)

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

Very happy to say that ds went to see doctor today who is also very happy with how it's all gone and he's going back to work tomorrow :-D

Not actually doing any ballet as such for another week or two - but going back for Nutcracker rehearsals.

Nearly there....

• Like 23

Very happy to say that ds went to see doctor today who is also very happy with how it's all gone and he's going back to work tomorrow :-D

Not actually doing any ballet as such for another week or two - but going back for Nutcracker rehearsals.

Nearly there....

I'm so delighted for him :-)

• 2 months later...

It's long old road to recovery when they have foot operations isn't it?!  DS went back to ballet class early December, but no more than barre work for about 3 weeks, so here we are, nearly 5 months after the operation and he's up to petit allegro in class (he was trying pirouettes last week which went OK, so he's progressing!).  He's been in the gym a lot to help with fitness and sounds like the ballet master's been helping him regain his general technique.

Hope you don't mind me updating you, but I think it's useful for others to see how long something like this takes to recover from - there are no "quick fixes".

• Like 13