And finally .......

Jan McNulty

Since I have been doing the links I have found a wealth of articles on all sorts of fascinating subjects so I thought I would start a thread where people could link items of interest.

Just to get us started here's one I picked up via a Facebook chum this morning:

Luxembourg's Hopping Heritage:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23927021

Well was just about to start a new thread under the non dancing one but this thread suits perfectly so will post my item of interest here instead. I was going to call the thread 'never give up' or 'it's never too late' so hope I can manage to post link in the next message.

• Like 1

Well I certainly wouldn't fancy that length of swim!!

I love swimming or rather being in water but when I go to the pool I'm not a jump in and swim 40 lengths person!!

I usually warm up with a couple of lengths of each stroke then hover around the middle where you can just stand on the bottom and do ballet exercises.....it's great experiencing what it's like to do a grande ronde de jambe en L'air at 90 which I can only do in the water.

I mess around doing other silly swimming type movements and then finish with a timed couple of lengths just to get out of puff and for a bit of real aerobic exercise.

At the mo I don't seem to be able to do the 25 metres under 30 secs for crawl and 35 for breast stroke!! Don't know what others can do balletcoers!!

I certainly couldn't do and don't feel attracted to doing all the iron man/lady stuff.....just too much of a physical slog for me and likewise have usually had enough after 90 mins of ballet though do manage a 2hr class on Fridays !!

Still,think this is an amazing achievement for 64 year old!!

I usually warm up with a couple of lengths of each stroke then hover around the middle where you can just stand on the bottom and do ballet exercises.....it's great experiencing what it's like to do a grande ronde de jambe en L'air at 90 which I can only do in the water.

Yes, I know :).  Just proves I can physically do it, I just don't have the muscular etc. strength.

• Like 1