And who is 'George Lamb' anyway? (was stunned when he had to ask who 'this Kenneth MacMillan' was!).

Ann, I think George Lamb represented the Man on the Clapham Omnibus (that dates me!) I'm sure he knew the answer but had to pose it for the many watchers who might not. As for the re-runs all we can do is

and hope.
  • Like 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And who is 'George Lamb' anyway? (was stunned when he had to ask who 'this Kenneth MacMillan' was!).

he is the fella whose dreadful show, almost single-handedly brought down 6Music (my favourite radio station). His leaving, left the way open for it to be saved by listener power! You may guess - I'm not a fan!

• Like 1

I haven't seen Alice, and I have to say that from the bit I did see yesterday, I won't be rushing to buy a ticket. However, it is good that it seems to be popular and is bringing in the money. Also, I should think professional dancers might quite like a change from yet another Nutcracker or Swan Lake, even if it is dressed as a pink flamingo.

I believe I remember Monica Mason saying in an interview that there was a real "buzz" about Alice in the company when it was being created. Something she only recalled previously with La Fille Mal Gardee, and Romeo and Juliet.

There was also an excellent review of it in the Sunday Times yesterday, by David Dougill entitled "A thing of wonder". Finishing : ..."With so many delights, this production has doubtless earned a long life in the Covent Garden repertory". (Forgive me if this is already in Links, I haven't checked them yet!!)"

I finally managed to catch up with the Scarlett "Sweet Violets" rehearsal yesterday and I must say I was absolutely blown away. Loved the chemistry between Leanne Cope and Thiago (looking very dark and villainous), and to watch Scarlett trying to get his visions out of his head and into the dancers' bodies was utterly fascinating.

• 3 weeks later...

I was spellbound by this video. I missed this part on "the day".. Thank you to whoever embedded it. I shall be watching it again for sure. My ballet class days were over almost before they started so I am not familiar with many of the steps. It makes fascinating viewing