Two More Offerings By City Academy

Michelle_Richer

Ballet Master Class at the Royal Opera House

Saturday 9 November 2.30pm to 6pm £60

No details of content.

Ballet Performance Course

11 weeks at Sadler’s Wells, no dates or cost for this one yet.

It does say you get to perform on the Sadler’s Wells stage. Friend and family have to buy a ticket to come and watch you.

I have to phone City Academy on Monday to book two other courses, I will see if I can get further details and then post an update.

Edited by Michelle_Richer
  • Like 1

You’re welcome. I had an email from City Academy today, basically nothing has been organised yet for the Ballet Performance Course. My first impression was not to consider it as I have more than enough already. But I also take on board what one of my ENB teachers said, “I should go for quality rather than quantity”, and of course she is right. As I am biasing more and more towards performances, this has now really got my interest.

I’m also hot on the heals of RAD, as they intend to bring out some Adult Repertoire Workshops, but they are not ready to publish them on their website just yet.

• Like 2

Yes I was having a look yesterday at their website.....which I do find difficult to navigate.....and couldn't see anything for Adult repertoire though they've got some good things for young people on there. I find it difficult to find the bit which just gives you the adult classes I think it's education, then training and then another link but not that obvious anyway.

So would be interested in their day workshops.

I think the City Academy 11 week course probably won't suit me as it means going up once a week regularly I should think.

But weekend or day courses are fine.

Hi Lin

Yes that’s what I understood from your comments, I did a Romeo and Juliet Workshop with them, so did one of the girls with us at Chelsea Ballet Summer school, that how she found out about Chelsea. RAD are not particularly good at promoting their courses, they are often hidden under other things, as was their proposed Swan Lake at Birmingham, they told me about that one after the closing date, although they did reopen it for me, unfortunately too few dancers applied and so it didn’t fly. That why I try and do my bit in promoting these course.

As I think you know I intend to join LAB after Christmas, I view the City Academy performance one in the same sort of light, but it really does have to be worthwhile, it must be at least two hours in duration as a day that does not conflict with my better classes particularly those that are planning performances. I also need some sort of syllabus including what repertoire is being taught. I really does need to be a good quality training programme, then and only then will I consider it.

Hi swanprincess

They don't state an age limit, but I have had young teens in the classes before, however I am speaking to them on Monday and I will ask them for you.

Hi Janet

I had already seen your BRB posting, I did their Insight class back in March, I guess I'm getting a bit picky now, although I like the idea of Sleeping Beauty as I have already covered 4 of the solo variations.

Edited by Michelle_Richer