Istd ddi

Janice

My DD has the opportunity to start an ISTD DDI course in Modern. She will be doing a full time training course with her CAT from September this will give her a BTEC level 3 diploma. The DDI fits perfectly in the free periods in her timetable. I know there is a lot of worked involved in the DDI but I am wondering if the two together would be too much? Also can a16/17 year old really understand all the complexities of teaching?

My DD is going to be doing this alongside her A levels hopefully. Whilst I can't speak from experience as yet the teacher who she will be doing it with has many years experience in teaching both the DDI and DDE and she is confident that DD will be able to get the DDI in at least a couple of genres before she goes to university. I have to say that it does sound a lot to do, but I trust her teacher's judgement so we'll give it a go and see what happens. My DD isn't old enough to register for the course yet, but she is already doing a lot of observation and helping her teachers with younger classes wich I'm hoping will make things easier for her when she starts the course.

I would speak to the course tutors and explain what else your DD is doing and see wht they they think about the workload. It looks like a really good course to me, but of course we don't want our children to become overloaded. I would love to hear how your daughter gets on if she decides to do it.

Thanks Pups_mum that's good to know. DD not decided if she should go ahead with it yet, as she is still a little worried about taking on to much. I have e-mailed the teacher with her concerns. Will let you know what she decides and how she gets on if she goes ahead.