Online dancewear shopping

Thecatsmother

As an ex dancer I am not mad keen on going into dancewear shops as too many memories. Can any ex dancers or adults who have returned to ballet recommend any good online shops. I tend to use dance direct who are excellent but not sure what else is out there and good for adults who are no longer professionals. I especially looking for warm up clothes suitable for long legged dancers. I have the ballet shoe area covered.

I have used porselli (only for the kids althpugh they do have some adult things) and Bloch online, both good. Porselli are often quite good on price. I find Bloch do some nice leotards and they are made of lovely thick fabric. I got a couple of things from their sport/ yoga section and they are lovely fabric and very flattering too.

I came across dancewear 365 recently . They were only place i could find the bloch pointe shoes and bloch tutu in in stock thati needed for my dd and they were cheaper. Ordering and delivery was all very effiicient.

Not sure about warm up stuff in particular though i did come across a bespoke ballet legwarmer knitter on etsy that looked amazing...just expensive.

Hi balleteacher :) we have a selection of warm up gear, the Degas warm up suits are nicely proportioned - I'm 5'10" and have long legs and wear the adult L comfortably. We've also had X-long jazz trousers made as I can never find trousers long enough!

If you need the inside leg of any items measured or have any other questions just send me a message of give the shop a ring :)

Sx

• Like 1

I just bought a tutu from Just Ballet. I've wanted one since I was a kid and it's a proper eight layer one, unlike the Dance Direct ones :) My husband may just kill me though. I've spent far too much money just recently!

• Like 5