RAD intensive exam courses - anyone going to be there?

Pups_mum

DD is doing the advanced foundation course in the afternoons 27-31 August and then has her exam on the afternoon of Sept 3rd. She doesn't know anyone else who is doing it so I wondered if by any chance anybody else's DD was going? I know they don't get much oportunity to chat on these courses but its always nice to see a friendly face so if anyone else will be there please let me know.

Also, if anyone fancies meeting up for a coffee or something, we'll be staying in London for the duration and it would be nice to put names to faces!

my little sister will be there with her teacher and fellow classmates doing the inter foundation course and sitting exam on sun 1st Sept so your daughter will be probably going in as my sis comes out lol

unfortunately I won't be there :-( but have a great time

( I'm sure my little sis will- dancing all week! lol )

Ooh your sister is lucky getting her exam on the Sunday! My DDs teacher asked for a Sunday exam for her as it would have saved me several £100s on the extra nights' accomodation but we ended up with late on Tuesday afternoon. I wonder if they are doing them in grade order - one of my Dd's friends is doing intermediate on Tuesday morning so that would make sense.

Its difficult when you have a long journey isn't it? It's the same for us. The afternoon courses don't finish til 6pm so it's not worth us coming home in between the course and the exam as we wouldn't get home til Sunday  and then would have to leave again on Monday. We will get back home very late on Tuesday night before school on Weds, which is going to be very tough on my little boys I'm hoping (but not expecting!)that they will sleep on the way home. My DD's friend is in a worse position though as she starts her course at a dance college on Weds, in a totally new part of the country for her.

I am sure the courses/exam session are a week later than they usually are. Certainly it was the week earlier when my DD did the intermediate course. It seems to have made life very difficult for a lot of us. I nearly decided against letting DD do the exam when we got the time, but she has been working so hard that I couldn't bring myself to say no.

It is tough when you have little siblings but somehow  they always get through things - they seem to be very resilient in the end - I have often nearly not done courses and dance days/various festival commitments with overnight stays  with my dd because of her younger brother but it all seems to work out!