tring summer school

ballemum

Can I ask my dd did a summer school this year and a lot of the girls said she should try tring next year. I can only see one for musical theatre do they have one for ballet and dif so how do u find out about it unless any of yiu more knowledgable can help

Hi, they do an Easter dance course, residential, Monday to Friday, includes ballet, modern, jazz and possibly tap. They also do a 'summer school' which is non residential , I think it was 3 ;or 4 days. My dd did the Easter course and loved it!! If I remember correctly we applied around about Christmas time (  application was downloaded from their website) and we got confirmation e-mail that she had a place in the February half term . Hope that helps.

Edited to add that they update the events fairly regularly on the website , I think it's a drop down what's on tab then click on the courses tab . There's then a link to the application forms . It is also worth looking out for the day of dance one day courses if you are close enough to make this viable. 

Edited by along for the ride mum

My DD did Tring Park dance SS this year. A mixture of ballet, pointe, repetoire, jazz, contempary, tap, character and musical theatre. A mixture of ages and abilities which I thought was lovely that even those who are not necessarily going down the vocational route had the chance of going since it is first come first serve for places. My DD had great time and it gave her a chance to do some other forms of dance rather than just classical. She wished it had been five days instead of the four and I think it would have been nice if it had been residential too but I don't think this spoiled it in any way. She made some great friends and it boosted her confidence after a difficult year at school. There was a lovely friendly atmosphere with an emphasis on fun even though the students were worked hard, it was a great change for DD whose school is very serious. I would definitely reccomend it!

• Like 1

Guest Autumn days

My dd did a summer school at Tring many years ago but it was organised by the ceccheti society not the school itself. Do they now do their own? 

I can recommend their Christmas weekends for younger children as my dd did this a couple of times and LOVED it!!

My dd did a summer school at Tring many years ago but it was organised by the ceccheti society not the school itself. Do they now do their own? 

I can recommend their Christmas weekends for younger children as my dd did this a couple of times and LOVED it!!

The Tring SS is held a week before the Cecchetti SS and is non residential.  I wish it was or we would have been there this year.  The teaching at Tring is just so inspiring and my DD has so much fun at Easter and Christmas,

My DD has done Tring Easter school a couple of times and really enjoyed it and got a lot out of it, she'd be happy to do it again.

She's done Xmas ballet weekend once and whist she enjoyed the social side of it and the theatre trip was fabulous, she found the ballet classes (organised by age not grade/ability) fun but not at all challenging. The show they put on for the parents whilst enjoyable and Christmassy, was very disappointing for her (and to me watching) as it was so simple and barely ballet even though it was supposed to be Nutcracker. 

I'd say a fun weekend and a nice introduction to staying away from home for younger children, but don't expect them to learn anything technically. Needless to say DD has no interest in doing it again if presumably its Nutcracker every year?

She's also done Summer school (not this year) and found that enjoyable but not challenging enough, even though at 11 she was in the top group. She would have happily gone again this year if we hadn't been busy as it was fun, but we live a little too far away just to go for fun! Easter school seems to be better organised and more focused on learning and improving.

Just our opinion, others may differ but thought it worth sharing :)

Edited by Loulabelle
  • Like 1