Mid Associates auditions

Luckyshoes

Hi all, im new to this site and to ballet in general really, my 11 year old DD only started taking ballet serisouly about 6 months ago and was asked to audition for the mid associates in Birmingham..one of the other 'mom's at the dance school has advised that there will only be 1 or 2 possible year 8 places as most of the other places are taken up by existing year 7 mid associates who will move up...can anyone confirm if that is how it usually works, unless someone leaves for whatever reason there will be only a few spaces ??..im keen to gain more knowledge and am also wondering if anyone knows when we are likely to receive a yes or no letter..thanks

Hello and welcome!!

If you look further down the doing dance forum there is a discussion under 'mid associates' posts and 'the wait begins' that has some very interesting information and opinions with regards to mids from parents who have a wealth of knowledge and experience.

Ax

Edited by amber21
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My DD is a Mid Assosciate at Manchester on Sunday afternoons,there are in the current class 6 year sevens,6 year eights,and 5 year nines, the 5 in year nine are either continuing or going to vocational schools or different programs so there are 5 places in the class come September when we move up (providing DD is offered a place again) unless some are assesed out or choose to leave, places for mids are like gold dust and I know were very lucky to of had a year as a mid as weve made some lovely friends along the way from our 3 years dancing with the Royal, but keep your fingers crossed as my daughter went to the White lodge final then was put on waiting list for the mids place, to receive a letter a month later offering her a place, such a roller coaster ride :)

• Like 1