EYB 2013/14

swanprincess

Hiya! Just incase anyone hadn't noticed, EYB have now published their future audition dates on their website:

BELFAST
Audition date: Sunday 17th November 2013
Audition Venue: On stage, Grand Opera House
Ballet: Sleeping Beauty
Performance dates: Friday 25th & Saturday 26th April 2014

NORWICH
Audition date: Tuesday 19th November 2013
Audition Venue: Sprowston Community High School
Ballet: Swan Lake
Performance dates: Friday 7th & Saturday 8th March 2014

Auditions for 2014

BROMLEY
Audition date: Tuesday 25th February 2014
Audition Venue: Churchill Theatre
Ballet: Giselle
Performance dates: Friday 15th & Saturday 16th August 2014

STOCKPORT
Audition date: Tuesday 11th March 2014
Audition Venue: Plaza Theatre, on stage
Ballet: Coppelia
Performance dates: Friday 13th & Saturday 14th June 2014

NOTTINGHAM
Audition date: Monday 17th March 2014
Audition Venue: Theatre Royal
Ballet: The Nutcracker
Performance dates: Friday 25th & Saturday 26th July 2014

WOLVERHAMPTON
Audition date: Monday 2nd June 2014
Audition Venue: Grand Theatre
Ballet: Sleeping Beauty
Performance dates: Friday 19th & Saturday 20th September 2014

CRAWLEY
Audition date: Tuesday 24th June 2014
Audition Venue: Hawth Theatre
Ballet: Coppelia
Performance dates: Friday 24th & Saturday 25th October 2014

Just a question on the subject of EYB auditions too- when I auditioned in Wolverhampton last year, although we did do a whole ballet class for the audition, 2 enchainements were shown in smaller groups. Both of these were petit allegro: one sur place, with sautes, echappes etc, and a travelling enchainement of glissades, petits jetes and assembles. These enchainements seemed really like the only opportunity to be 'noticed' as opposed to the rest of the audition where all 150 auditionees danced at the same time. So, if anyone else has auditioned at different venues, is it always the petit allegro that is shown in groups of 4 or 5 dancers at a time? Because petit allegro most definitely is one of my weaker elements, and so if the main 'decision making' is based upon that, i might decide to leave it this time with regards to auditioning!!! Thanks, hope I've made some sense!! ;)

• Like 2

Yes, I remember what you mean now :-) But my original question referred to how, after centre-barre, adage and pirouettes, everyone in the audition danced an allegro enchainement in groups of 4 or 5. (It was then after everyone had danced that the few being considered for scholarships were asked to dance again.) So, when everyone in the audition does the same enchainement; in smaller groups- is this always a petit allegro combination as opposed to an adage, for example? Hope this clarifies my question, sorry if I was unclear!

Yes, I remember what you mean now :-) But my original question referred to how, after centre-barre, adage and pirouettes, everyone in the audition danced an allegro enchainement in groups of 4 or 5. (It was then after everyone had danced that the few being considered for scholarships were asked to dance again.) So, when everyone in the audition does the same enchainement; in smaller groups- is this always a petit allegro combination as opposed to an adage, for example? Hope this clarifies my question, sorry if I was unclear!

When my DD did EYB a few years ago, even though there was 130+ on stage, the combinations were done all together. However the front row kept moving to the back, so that they saw each line at the front. Hope I've explained this ok. LTD