ENB CORSAIRE .... Casting

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Manchester Corsaire casting is now on the ENB website: http://www.ballet.org.uk/whats-on/lecorsaire/ (click  on principal casting and then on Palace Theatre Manchester)

Edited to paste in casting:

Tuesday 11th Feb Klimentova Muntagirov

Wednesday 12th Feb Rojo Golding

Thursday 13th Feb mat Ovsyanick Bufala

Thursday 13th Feb eve Takahashi Acosta

Friday 14th Feb Oliveira Konvalina

Saturday 15th Feb mat Rojo Golding

Saturday 15th Feb eve Klimentova Muntagirov

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 1

Thanks for that, Bluebird.  Does Cojocaru have a clash in her schedules with that week, does anyone know?

Edited by alison
Deleted response to Fonteyn22's original post, which is now in the "Room 101" thread

Something I've noticed with ENB casting (hopefully not too off-topic!) is that they seem keen to keep certain partnerships together across multiple productions (for example between Le Corsaire and Nutcracker there are a few duplicate pairings: Klimentova/Muntagirov, Cojocaru/Muntagirov, Glurdjidze/Vargas, Rojo/Golding [only just saw that he was back for Nutcracker!]).

Is this something that ENB has always done with it's Lead Principals (I've only been seeing ENB for 2 years) or do people think it is just a consequence of strong partnerships? I can see benefits and disadvantages of keeping partnerships together...

Well there goes the rest of my money. Slightly disappointed there's no Cojocaru/Muntagirov but Golding/Rojo make up for it.

No disrespect to Rojo/Golding of course (they put on a terrific show) but, if you are looking to see a real partnership, Schmendrick, the Klimentova/Muntagirov cast is the one to go for.

• Like 1

No disrespect to Rojo/Golding of course (they put on a terrific show) but, if you are looking to see a real partnership, Schmendrick, the Klimentova/Muntagirov cast is the one to go for.

I already have tickets for them, I got tickets for the first night before casting was released and now I'm very excited that I got the right ones as that was the one couple I had to see. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The saga of mismatched cast sheets continued in Bristol this week. At the Thursday  matinee, Ken Saruhashi was listed to dance Lankendem with Shiori Kase as Gulnare but Arionel Vargas actually did so. There appeared to be no notice of this change anywhere in the theatre. For the evening performance, the Bristol Hippodrome was giving out the cast sheets for the previous day (i.e. Fernanda Oliviera/Zdenek Konvalina rather than Alina Cojocaru/Vadim Muntagirov who did dance as scheduled) and, when this was pointed out to the the sellers, the reply was, "It's the same dancers every night, isn't it?" We encountered some audience members who wanted to vote for their favourite dancer (People's Choice Award) but were all at sixes and sevens as to whom they were actually seeing on stage.

[by the way, Ksenia Ovsyanick (Medora) and Yonah Acosta (Ali) were absolutely outstanding in the afternoon performance.]

Some interesting further casting now up on ENB's website:

Vadim Muntagirov plays Ali at the Coliseum on 11th Jan evening. [This is his second show in that role - he did his first on the Wednesday evening in Southampton.]

Alison McWhinney dances Gulnare in Manchester at the 13th Feb matinee

Ken Saruhashi (who has already appeared many times as Lankendem) moves over to Ali on 13th Feb (matinee) and 16th Feb (evening)

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

The casting for Le Corsaire in Madrid (Teatros Canal) is now shown on that theatre's website as follows:

Thursday:

• MEDORA: Tamara Rojo

• CONRAD: Vadim Muntagirov

• GULNARE: Shiori Kase

• LANKENDEM: Dmitri Gruzdyev

• ALI: Junor Souza

• BIRBANTO: Yonah Acosta

Friday:

• MEDORA: Daria Klimentova

• CONRAD: Zdenek Konvalina

• GULNARE: Lauretta Summerscales

• LANKENDEM: Arionel Vargas

• ALI: Joan Sebastian Zamora

• BIRBANTO: Fernando Bufalá

Saturday matinée:

• MEDORA: Erina Takahashi

• CONRAD: Yonah Acosta

• GULNARE: Fernanda Oliveira

• LANKENDEM: Fernando Bufalá

• ALI: Zamora

• BIRBANTO: Max Westwell

Saturday evening:

• MEDORA: Tamara Rojo

• CONRAD: Junor Souza

• GULNARE: Shiori Kase

• LANKENDEM: Dmitri Gruzdyev

• ALI: Yonah Acosta

Sunday:

• MEDORA: Daria Klimentova

• CONRAD: Vadim Muntagirov

• GULNARE: Laurretta Summerscales

• LANKENDEM: Junor Souza

• ALI: Yonah Acosta

Vadim is going to be rather busy as he has 2 Winter's Tale shows over that week plus the 29th April. Junor is also going to be busy as he is playing Ali, Conrad (for the first time), and Lankendem. Yonah is busy too as he is playing Conrad, Ali and Birbanto. Phew!

Apparently, all performances are sold out.

Edited by capybara
  • Like 1