Carlos Acosta - Classical Selection, London Coliseum July 2013

I went to the show on Wednesday and enjoyed the variety of items danced, though I expect that some may not have come across well to those who do not know the ballets.   The way the ballets were arranged, with intervening music was very effective.

Lovely dancing from Carlos and Marianella, especially in Winter Dreams and Apollo - plus the fun of Diana and Actaeon.  It was great to see Leanne in Manon and one of my favourite ballets - Requiem.

A good evening, rather hot in the first half, but the air conditioning kicked in for the second half - I wonder how it was on Thursday when it was so hot in London?

Margaret

• Like 1

I enjoyed the show very much on Wednesday and am trying to get a ticket to see it again tonight.

Once again, though, I was shocked by the general chatter that was going on during the orchestra's playing of a Slavonic Dance to cover some scene-changing.

The talking was awful! Wanted to enjoy the music and the atmosphere and the talking was so loud.. Edited by HannahPerrin17

Perhaps it shows that Carlos' performances appeal to a wider audiences and draw to the theatre those people who are not used - YET - to listening to classical music.

I don't think that's the excuse. I made exactly the same complaint about the audience during the Bayadere scene-changing music at the ROH in May. I'm going to the Bolshoi tonight and am certainly hoping that it won't be 3-for-3 on the chattering.

A super evening of dance last night (Saturday) - or should I say a chocolate box of delights which were all so nice I could not really choose - but I particularly liked Manon, Mayerling and Rubies. It was great to see all the dancers but especially Leanne who (after retiring) was a good as ever.  Great stuff I just wish Carlos would do more such shows I love them!  It was an evening of perfect dance (Bolshoi take note).

• Like 1

I saw the performance on friday and it was incredible! I loved absolutely everything, thought the music was beautiful at the start and end especially. Really enjoyed mayerling and manon but my favourite has to be the dying swan. Melissa Hamilton was exquisite, definitely want to see her dance again. I also enjoyed the wheeldon piece, haven't seen anything like it before. My friend and I also went to the stage door to get signatures so that was fun. That and finding out her mum knew Carlos Acosta before he was famous!

I don't think that's the excuse. I made exactly the same complaint about the audience during the Bayadere scene-changing music at the ROH in May. 

Never I thought that my remark could be regarded as an attempt to excuse the poor behavior of some theatre-goers. Just an attempt to understand why it was happening there.

Edited by Amelia