Bolshoi, Mariinsky, Mikhailovsky

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aileen, the casts for 'Giselle' have been announced here:

http://www.eno.org/s...hp?&itemid=2365

However, I noticed that they have already been changed since I saw them 3 days ago.

Edited: the last line added.

Indeed they have changed, probably the same time that I booked a ticket at the Box-Office on Friday, for the 27th! The first advert I have seen is in today's Sunday Times and casting for Don Q and Laurencia is indicated, obviously the Coliseum realises it is very necessary.

For fans of Don Quixote there is a tour of Sofia National Ballet and they are doing Don Q with Giselle and Swan Lake. They will be in Liverpool and Manchester in July and various other UK dates/venues. Not heard of them before but looking at their website they seem a pretty big company so I'll given them a go seeing as they are local and tickets less than £40!!

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the press release of Bolshoi Ballet's recent promotions, listed January 28th.

http://www.bolshoi.ru/en/about/press/articles/

Artem Ovcharenko is promoted from the Leading Soloist to Premier, Kristina Kretova — from the First Soloist to the Leading Soloist, Anastasia Meskova & Vitaly Biktimirov — from Soloists to the First Soloists. Kristina Karasyova, Yulia Lunkina, Karim Abdullin, Igor Tsvirko became Soloists.

The Mariinsky has just published details of (part of) its XIII Ballet Festival 28th Feb - 10th March. To date, the programme is:

28th Feb. Romeo and Juliet with Vishneva and Shklyarov

1st Mar.   (the same)

2nd Mar. Don Quichotte

4th Mar Giselle with Zakharova and Skvortsov

5th Mar Jewels with Kondaurova

6th Mar. Balanchine's A Midsummer Night's Dream with Lopatkina

7th Mar La Bayadere with Vadim Muntagirov

There is due to be a Gala on the 10th march but no details yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just noticed, while catching up on some of "Today's" Links, that in a review of Osipova and Vasiliev in Don Q with the Australian Ballet there was a reference to an interview with Ivan Vasiliev in the Sunday Times on the 17th.  It'll be behind the paywall, of course.

I've just noticed, while catching up on some of "Today's" Links, that in a review of Osipova and Vasiliev in Don Q with the Australian Ballet there was a reference to an interview with Ivan Vasiliev in the Sunday Times on the 17th.  It'll be behind the paywall, of course.

The interview was with Vasiliev and Osipova, not particularly interesting but nice photos, seems like they are in London already, titled "Bye, bye Bolshoi", also there was an article about Lauren Cuthbertson's continuing injuries and the terrible strain ballet puts on the body.

The booking for the Bolshoi (if you are on the Hochauser mailing list) is a bit confusing.  You use the links on the sent email and you put in the password supplied and then it takes you to some strange screen with general rather than specific seating allocations (a bit like in Paris).  However, I found if you went back to the Hochauser listing and clicked on the ballet/performance in question it would bring you up to the direct link to the royal opera house booking where you could book your direct place.  You can ONLY book one performance at a time and so if you are making multiple bookings you will have multiple booking confirmations.  Hope this helps.  There seems to still be plenty out there.  

You can ONLY book one performance at a time and so if you are making multiple bookings you will have multiple booking confirmations.  Hope this helps.  There seems to still be plenty out there.  

Actually, no.  You will generate a separate Shopping Basket tab for each purchase, but they're all interlinked, and if you click on Update you should get all your purchases showing in one tab, so can pay for them all in one transaction.  At least, that's how it worked for me.  Flames of Paris and Jewels seem to be selling very well.

also there was an article about Lauren Cuthbertson's continuing injuries and the terrible strain ballet puts on the body.

Was that in a different section, Beryl?  I couldn't find it in the Culture section when I looked.

Was that in a different section, Beryl?  I couldn't find it in the Culture section when I looked.

Yes, it must have been in the main section, there was a photo of Lauren Cuthbertson giving technical details of body strains.