Prague international ballet master classes

Tulip

Well my daughter has completed her first intensive week there. She says that it has been brilliant. Her pas de deux partner is so helpful and friendly to her he has just graduated this year from one of our top schools, I won't say where as it may reveal who he is. She has had so many amazing teachers they are on the website so I won't name them as it would take a while. Today she went to a swimming pool with six other, thank goodness she was with the others as they borderd a tram that went in the wrong direction daft things. They got there in the end and had a fab day. Week two will see some different teachers Darius being one of them again all on their website. They also have a daily blog which we can follow everyday with videos and photos of the classes. My daughter knows that she is lucky and privilidged to be at these master classes in Prague, she has had such amazing experiences there that she doesn't feel upset about having to turn down her place at the Royal ballet summer school anymore.

• Like 10

Well my daughter has completed her first intensive week there. She says that it has been brilliant. Her pas de deux partner is so helpful and friendly to her he has just graduated this year from one of our top schools, I won't say where as it may reveal who he is. She has had so many amazing teachers they are on the website so I won't name them as it would take a while. Today she went to a swimming pool with six other, thank goodness she was with the others as they borderd a tram that went in the wrong direction daft things. They got there in the end and had a fab day. Week two will see some different teachers Darius being one of them again all on their website. They also have a daily blog which we can follow everyday with videos and photos of the classes. My daughter knows that she is lucky and privilidged to be at these master classes in Prague, she has had such amazing experiences there that she doesn't feel upset about having to turn down her place at the Royal ballet summer school anymore.

• Like 3

I'm so pleased your dd is having such a great time Tulip; it really does sound like a wonderful course.

It looks as if you may have inadvertently duplicated this thread so if you don't mind I will merge the two. :-)

I have just read on the blog that some of the ballet teachers are actually joining in the classes with the students, then again why wouldn't you want to take a class by one of the top teachers, even if you are one of the best. Imagine being on the bar next to one of these ballet teachers wow. I can see why they are only allowing students who are 17 years old, even though a few are only nearly 17 and have completed one year professional training, the standard is high with some students already in companies and some just graduating, from all over the world.

• Like 3

Prague was a totally amazing experience this year. I have partaken in numerous summer schools over the years and this has been far the best. The atmosphere is relaxed but you can still be worked to the bone. The city is amazing and the teacehers at the course (particularly Jan-Erik Wikstrom and Marie Lindqvist who taught PDD and Jan-Erik boys solos in Week 1) have been simply inspiring. We worked on Theme and Variation PDD and this week, Talisman PDD. Huge thanks goes to Ian Comer, everyone has had the time of their lives. 

• Like 7

My daughter is on her way home right now and is already missing every aspect of Prague master ballet classes. She has been totally inspired by all of the teachers along with the interviews in the evenings. She says she is definitely going back again next year. I think she has particularly enjoyed the adult feel to these classes, she has truly enjoyed dancing these last two weeks, even though her feet are blistered and she is tired. Ian the organiser has also been fabulous making sure everyone is well looked after and safe. His daily blogs have been so informative along with the photos and short videos.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I had a student there for the second week this year and she too had an amazing time!   She particularly enjoyed doing pas de deux for the first time, even though it wasn't easy because she's quite tall.  I have found glimpses of her on some of the blog videos, which was fun to see, but wasn't able to open the gallery photos, I don't know why.  I think what's so special there is the professional feel about the classes and rehearsals.  Definitely worth attending if you're of the age and standard to cope with the high demands.

• Like 1