London Senior Ballet

Lilac

Does anyone have a DD attending there? Just wondering whether to apply for DD to audution there in September. She is 14, and done 4 years of associate classes. If she were to successfully audition, would she start in the first senior class, or how are things arranged? What do people think of standard of training, and futures for the children. Any information/opinions would be very helpful.

DD absolutely loved London Senior Ballet. The Saturdays were very full: 1 hr pilates; 2 hrs ballet and 1 hr pointe. Alternate weeks there was a Contemporary class. She felt Ms Bowden always gave individual attention/correction to all. Students have gone on to good schools, (if you look at their previous newsletters it gives their successes.) DD's ballet improved greatly there and we didn't think twice about getting up at 4.15/30 every Saturday to get there.

I'm not sure about placement... a friend of dd's went straight into the Graduate class from her audition. DD skipped Senior level, (having done Junior level and Senior Foundation) and went into Grads too, as did two others,  so it is pretty flexible, not regimented by age. Also, some will repeat a year. There are termly reports and one annual assessment. Although I think there are some on this forum who can tell you much more, or another side, (we only ever had a very positive experience).

She's going to really miss it next year, she thought the teachers were fantastic and she made lots of lovely friends.

Good luck if your DD decides to audition!

• Like 3

My daughter loved LJB and LSB. Miss Bowden is incredable. One of her students has just got into Royal Ballet.

Miss Maden takes pointe classes, she is excellent. Dd left when 14 to go else where and wished she stayed.

Highly recommended

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My DD successfully auditioned for LJB aged seven and is still with them. Nicola Bowden gets the most out of a child by nurturing and setting achievable goals. Every dancer wishes to please their teacher at LJSB which works to their own technical advantage. Lessons are a lot more intense compared to other vocational schools in London.

• Like 1