All England Dance Finals @ The Bloomsbury Theatre

Dancing2003

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lovely day of watching and supporting and winning etc worth taking the day off for !

Well done all you lovely dancers - couldn't stay for the results of the modern ballet etc after tea so any updates will be most welcome !

One more dance for DS tommorow and then it's all over for us .......

Thank you everyone. It has been an interesting week so far. The standard is very high, we feel very privileged to have been part of it.

As with all festivals there have been some 'strange' decisions but on the whole the best performers on the day seem to be rewarded. The entertainment provided by these very talented dancers is immense and the experience they are gaining from the opportunity is very valuable.

All in all a very enjoyable few days (couple more to go yet) well worth all the hard work and expense.

• Like 2

Well excitement is mounting today as the whole Family have caught trains to watch DS last ever performance at the Finals for his modern duet!

It's his last dance ever with his gorgeous partner , so we were wishing them all the very best - so they can go out in style !

Could it possibly be that they make it a hat trick ?

That seems a lot to hope for , but then you never know - its his first ever final and we weren't expecting any gold at all ????

• Like 5

I have been corrected by Hubby - they were tied in 4th place !

Also just been told that they want DS to do his modern solo for the Gala on Sunday - decisions decisions !! - teacher says its a at honour and that Mattew Bourne will be watching ....but DS wants to see Carlos ..... What to do ? We have reached a compromise we will escape the rehearsals early , pop off to the Colloseum , sneek out of the performance if it goes on longer than 4:45 and rush back for 5:pm ! Am I mad ! Or what ?

• Like 4

No just trying to get the best out of the day for your son!! I hope it all works out even if he only saw half of Carlos it would be something but if its a matinee should be over by 4.30 but if a one off performance for Sunday may start later. You could ring the Colli and ask them. I'm sure Carlos will inspire him up ready for his own solo. He must be very talented. :)

• Like 1

Well after a busy morning of phone calls I have resolved the "Clash of the Titans"

Changed my Saturday working hours , found equivalent tickets for Saturday's Carlos performance , sorted out trains , got a refund on the Sunday tickets and got my parents tickets to join us at the Coli as well as the AED finals Gala !

Not to mention taking 2 boys to the dentist !

• Like 8

Glad you've sorted things out :-)

I enjoyed my evening watching lots of "contemporary". Some excellent dancers. Our group not placed but they danced beautifully and I wasn't surprised at the schools who were placed :-)

Back for S&D group tomorrow. We were shocked to get it through to be honest, so are just going to enjoy their time together on stage. Friends came 1st with their S&D trio this morning - very happy for them.

• Like 2

Oh, and meant to say, I wasn't as disappointed with the venue as my friend was on Sunday, although it doesn't really feel like finals - not sure why but perhaps because a "grander" venue would help.

• Like 1

Not having been to the finals last year therefore not having to compare it to the Peacock , I was fairly happy with the venue as well , though was very hot Monday pm . The Organisation was fine by Tuesday , but a severe lack of seats for the groups in the early afternoon ! All in all though I'm quite satisfied and have enjoyed watching some lovely dancing !

Enjoyed this evening's dancing and bought a ticket for Sunday's gala - should be great.

This evening ended on a downer though as someone got into one of the dressing rooms and stole loads of phones and I-pads. Lots of upset girls and a couple of policemen there trying to talk to everyone at the end :-( Fortunately our school were in another changing room, but we really felt for those affected.

Oh my goodnes ! I had wondered how safe my sons iPod etc were , but reached the conclusion that since I could not get back stage without a pass then they were pretty safe ! How very sad , to spoil such an occasion for children !

Hope to see you at the Gala !

Word was that they saw a man on the CCTV (after the event) - I heard that concerns had been raised by parents about security in the upstairs dressing room. My daughter always gives everything of any value to me to look after, at all festivals. Someone stole a friend's tutu at a festival in a school once!

Oh boy what a drama -Gala all sold out , lots of exasperated mums and teachers - so glad we anticipated that and booked our seats by phone ! Do hope all the ballet co folk that needed tickets have found one !

My Mum an youngest son have graciously given theirs up to let the teachers watch DS !

I've retreated to Costa for breakfast while they are rehearsing !

• Like 2

My DD's old dance school has at least one group if not more in the gala and one through to the finals of the young dancer competition. They have had groups in the finals every year I can remember, certainly since DD went to the finals when she was 7 and she's now 22! Hope everyone has a lovely time at the gala, it is a lovely evening and a nice way to round off the competition week.

• Like 2