All England Dance Finals @ The Bloomsbury Theatre

Dancing2003

I just wanted to say good luck to everyone that is dancing this week, our first dance today with dd who is dancing in the 9 & under character group they are so very excited, but I'm sure I won't be alone reaching for the tissues with tears of proudness when they are all on stage :)

• Like 4

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, good luck everyone, and let us know how you get on (not just if you're placed - would love to hear what everyone thinks of the sections they watch).

We're there for groups on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday :-)

• Like 6

Not heard great things from a friend there today (not about the dancers - they were lovely). Very hot in the theatre (to be expected at the mo), shabby theatre compared to the Peacock, take your own food & drinks (there's very little around), it was was running an hour late by the end, not the usual organisation in that they were lax on who was let backstage (loads of dancers and parents side-stage), slow with music, hardly checking tickets going into auditorium and so the just went on. Hopefully it's first day teething troubles, but she said it didn't feel like finals compared to previous years and that most of our local festivals were run better :-(

Well, we'll just have to make the best of it won't we and enjoy the dancing :-)

(Don't want to put a downer on it but thought people might appreciate the feedback)

Dancing2003 - what did you think and how did you're group do? I'm sure they enjoyed themselves regardless!

Yes the Theatre was very hot :( and it did seem to be a disorganised hopefully down to first day teething troubles.

The girls danced beautifully but sadly no place for them yesterday but they had such a amazing time and really enjoyed the experience.

Taking dd up there again tomorrow for her 9-10 solo sections

• Like 1

I would say they're about equal distance, so it would depend on which way you're travelling on Vic line as to which stn you can get off first & start walking. If travelling up from Vic, I would get off at Warren St. You'd already be walking whilst train still going on to Euston.

Phew home at last ! Not much time for a glass of wine ! Bags re packed for tomorrow ....

Thanks for all the congrats - I made it in time to see his song and dance group come tied second !

Tommorow its song and Dance and inter modern group ! Goodnight ????

• Like 1

Well done to ds of billyelliott he was brilliant :) my daughter also danced in this section and gained special commendation in her modern and gained an honours in her Ballet solo we are so very proud of her :)

Good to to everyone dancing the rest of the week :)

• Like 5

Good luck for today. My daughter's got a late night rehearsal tonight for their contemporary group tomorrow evening. Quite a few in their section I believe. We should be there in time to see the Senior A S&D groups tomorrow as our school's got a lovely group in there and good friend's daughter is doing a contemporary trio. Looking forward to watching them.

Will be a bit sad on Saturday as it'll be my daughter's last ever "festival" dance (modern group).

Hasn't quite sunk in yet that she's leaving/left her dance school (although if she doesn't get the grades she needs she might be there another year! ;-) )

• Like 5

I dropped my DS off at White Lodge on Sunday and saw many a prop being negotiated up And down escalators on the tube!!! Felt very sorry for them! Well done Billy...... Will let my DS know when I talk to him tonight he will be really pleased for him. X

• Like 2

My friend will be travelling up on Thursday by train, carrying a table. I believe it is a fold up one!!! My other friends daughter won gold this morning in the song and dance section. She has her lyrical modern this afternoon!

• Like 2