Is anyone doing Watkins Dance Summer School this weekend?

Katymac

Just in case anyone here is.......

DD is very excited & can't wait to go!

It's all a bit messy as she has to come back for her Tap/Modern exams on the Sunday but she is really looking forward to it

Is anyone else going?

(PM me if you'd rather not say on-line)

Well we can't decide if we should come all day (& cause maximum possible embarrassment or just at 3ish to see the 'show'

It feels rude to 'just' do the end bit - but I'm not sure whether we will cope with 'all day' especially if it's hot I know how wet that sounds sorry

What are you doing?

Edited by Katymac

DD's teacher turned up at the station with new ballet shoes AND a needle & thread to sew the elastic for her

If they had turned up yesterday as promised DD would have sewn them herself - but the teacher thought it unfair she should have to do it unsupervised on the train!!

What a star

• Like 2

Katymac I know what you mean by the "maximum embarrassment" thing. Yesterday in York when watching friends DD in the final class it was okay for me to watch but not so much for mum herself!! Mum thinks her watching puts DD off a bit so she had to sort of hover in the doorway!! Though even I tried to sit in the corner on the floor to keep as low a profile as poss!! It wasn't so bad for the show so mum at least got a seat for that! But I think the teaching staff there were wise to keep the final demonstration fairly simple based on class work had been doing etc because they hadn't exactly had loads of time to prepare it!!

Her Dd must have responded well to the contemporary teaching there as she has hardly done any in Oz but did this very well I thought.

So we went for lunch & the afternoon.

It was lovely to meet everyone :)

DD had an amazing time & loved the African contemporary & she kept up with the ballet (which seemed very hard) & learnt a routine in half an hour flat! Before performing it for the parents

A wonderful day for us and course for DD; well worth the money/effort imo

• Like 5

& then walking home towards the train we realised she had forgotten to wear a skirt or trousers that morning and was prancing around London with only a leotard & footless tights on (at least they weren't Ballet tights)

We have had 'words'

• Like 4