Northern Ballet Leeds Monday 29th

afab

Will have just left York which is not all that far away from Leeds but it would be nice another time.

It's funny but with some regular contributors you do form some vague mental picture of them but in reality will be nothing like them!!

Ive done this before after for some time only knowing someone from their voice on the phone and have always been totally wrong in what they look like for real!!

• Like 1

It's true it is lovely and sometimes surprising meeting people you know online only!

Pastel and I met with DDs and one DH in Paris lately and spent the day together. Our DDs got to take dance classes together and it was really lovely...

• Like 3

Hello afab!

I'll be there with the gang, that is two restless boys (10 & 15) and a not so restless husband... he'll be wanting a coffee, (so easily identifiable!)

If dd was about, (and not in class) she'd want to quiz you on training in Paris (remember you kindly gave me all that info about the Paris Conservatoire... which now seems less likely, but hey, one can dream!) 

This is dd's first Northern Ballet SI, although she has done two Easter intensives but it's on the strength of her experience at Easter, (absolutely loved it!) that we're all heading North at the weekend.

So hopefully see you about :) !

Yeah! I remember If only and your DH dictating in French to you! I'll be wanting coffee too...

I'll be with a gang as well i.e. 4 "French" girls! Actually 2 of the French ones are British and the 2 real French ones are not allowed to speak French as soon as they set foot in the NB! We thought they might have a better chance at making friends that way! We'll see if it works...

Nevertheless we'll be the ones with accents and should be recognisable. DD1, for some reason, as an American accent and DD2 a slightly French one... As for me, unfortunately, it's difficult to get rid of a French accent!!!

I'm sure we'll find a way to talk to your DD about CNSMDP during the week. DD1 as a few friends studying or having studied there. I think your DD and my DD1 are about the same age (15) if I remember well...

• Like 2

Hi pas de chat

Let's try and meet for coffee at Elmhurst then!

Is your DD doing Cecchetti at Tring? DD1 did it last year..

This is her first Cechetti experience but we know Tring quite well from the Easter dance week so fingers crossed it will be great fun.  Near the end of August I'll contact you.  Hope Leeds goes well for her! :D

Hello afab...

My children (well, older two) will want, (or more likely need)  to practise their French. DH is a language teacher and at every opportunity speaks something other than English. So be warned!  

DD is going to be 14 during the week in Leeds and is looking forward to dancing all day on her birthday- what better way to spend it! 

I'm impressed you're in charge of 4 dancing girls, hard work but good fun... I think. (Hard enough organising one set of "stuff" let alone more)

So, see you next week :)!

• Like 1