Who says you can't do it all !!

Billyelliott

I was told that we would have to choose between music and dance at this level ......we are not faint hearted ....so we took a chance....

For anyone else out there ..sometimes you can have your cake and eat it ...even if its not always the case-

So proud of My DS just heard today he has got a distinction for his grade 6 violin exam in spite of his hectic schedule and all the distraction of dance auditions getting into vocational school , shows and competitions !

On top of all that got level 5 - above national average for all subjects in his academic sats tests ! It was worth all the effort

Very proud and happy mummy xxxx

• Like 13

Congratulations to your DS, Billyelliott, he is obviously gifted academically and musically (and I know that if he did an ABRSM violin exam, he must also have passed his grade 5 theory exam already), as well as in the dance department! I do think it is lovely when children who are gifted in several areas continue with all of their interests and talents; not only do they develop all of their gifts, they also learn amazing time-management skills!

Is your DS able to continue violin lessons at Elmhurst?

• Like 1

Billyelliott, my dd is the same!she about level 6 violin.We seem to fit everything in fine.she also plays piano,singing,gymnastics,swimming along with all the dance.I promise that it has nothing to do with me,she makes her own mind up and is so focused at what she is good at and likes.So you can have your cake and eat it!for now anyway.

• Like 1

Plus I and friends have noticed that when our children are very busy with various activities, they actually seem to do better in each one! Perhaps it's due to the need to avoid procrastination and to ensure quality time is spent on each activity?

• Like 1

Children who are talented ballet dancers often seem to be very good at music and/or singing, and seem to be driven to work hard. If they are gifted academically as well then we are very lucky parents indeed.

• Like 8

What lovely news Billyelliot! As they say, if you want something done then ask a busy person! I guess it's the same for busy children;they have to be organised and focused in all they do. I wish I had a fraction of their energies....

• Like 2