end of an era/moving in to pastures new

Well it's definitely a week of "last ever's", Dd Is the youngest of four and is finishing year six this week. I have been dreading it for weeks, the last school production, the end of all those special primary school moments and most of all her last class with her lovely dance school this evening !! She has been with them since she was three and I was dreading making a fool of myself, I'm soppy at the best of times. But I have to say it was a positive experience. The teacher and the girls in her ballet class (all much older and about to leave year eleven) were lovely, kept it lighthearted and fun and I managed not to cry when I collected her .....just! Trying really hard to be positive but the emotions are bubbling away just under the surface. Oh well, she has two dance exams on Wednesday so not quite all over yet!

Edited by along for the ride mum
  • Like 3

Sometimes a good old blub is just what's needed!

At DD's dance show they played a film at the end made up of photos of all the children and their families. The background music was "he aint heavy he's my brother" The older children had been asked to bring a photo in and not tell parents why so it came as a real shock when we saw a lovely pic of the four of us at the back of the stage - a reminder that behind every DD or DS there are family and friends supporting and sacrificing to help them reach their dreams...there wasn't a dry eye in the house...including my hubby!!!

• Like 3

They do a similar thing at my children's scho at prize day for the year 6's. you have to take a then and now photo in and they do a fiilm thing to music

DS cried when they put dds picture up.

She left junior school a couple if weeks ago, she left Stagecoach last week and she leaves dance after the show next week.

Definatly the end of an era.

• Like 1

Awww, try to think of it as an exciting beginning rather than a sad end. And maybe she will be able to do occasional classes with her old teacher and friends in the holidays or something? I'm sure the links don't have to be broken entirely.

Still, I am one to talk - I can't sleep tonight because I am feeling sad about my youngest spending his last day in the infants tomorrow. It's a tiny village school so he has had the same teachers for 3 years, and his big brother was there for the 3 years prior to that. I am getting all emotional at the fact that after 6 consecutive years I wont be going into that classroom in thr morning. Which is all a bit ridiculous as he is only moving into the next room and it's not as if I will never see tge infant staff again! I think these events are always bittersweet because whilst it is wonderful and exciting to see our children growing up it is a bit sad and scary too, especially when you realise that the youngest is growing up. I vote for ice cream and a glass of our favourite drinks all round!

• Like 3

Know just how you feel - he last few months have been a succession of lasts - last ballet class at the school he has been in all his life , last tap lesson and exam - last dance school show , last school play last violin lesson ...last birthday party at home , almost the last day of normal school and the last time i have to iron his uniform !!! :(

• Like 3