Hammond 2014 audition dates

Karen

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a no win situation in our house I always wanted her to try at sixteen so all a bit of a shock her getting offered a place but least she now knows she is good enough to go and can try next year if she wants to put herself through it again. Everything happens for a reason and I believe what will be will be. Good luck with your dd and her dancing.

A proud Mummy here too!  My daughter has a DaDa offer.  Hammond was her first choice school so she will be over the moon!  The past three months have been the most stressful and nerve wracking of my life, so thinking of everyone on the waiting list who have a few more uncertain weeks ahead of them.  I am sure there will be a lot of movement on funding lists over the following weeks and I sincerely hope you all get the outcomes you are wishing for. 

• Like 5

Congratulations Dancing2003 and lidabelle and good luck to those on waiting lists for funding.   Certainly do not assume its a no at this stage as there will undoubtedly be movement on those reserve lists.

Lidabelle  - is your DD coming up from Hammond or another lower vocational school or new to vocational school for 6th form?

Don't forget that elmhurst offers have just gone out so there will be people who decline.

Well done for getting this far. The standard was incredibly high this year & I think applications were up on last.

I hope so pictures I have no idea how DD will take it when I see her tonight!  Ugh the joys of Motherhood! 

Congratulations to all who received good news today - brings back emotional memories! For those still waiting, Fingers crossed - there's still plenty of time for good news. Enjoy your celebrations!

Reserve list at Hammond i think means that the child has been offered a place but there are more places than funding so they are on a reserve list for funding.

I think (dancing2003 please correct me if I'm wrong) that waiting list at Elmhurst is the child hasn't got a place but it isn't an outright no, if anyone declines they are on the waiting list for that place.

hi, I'm new to all this but my dd has auditioned for hammond sixth form and got a place but not a dada. The letter said she's on a reserve list....Does everyone without a dada go on the reserve list and does anyone have ideas on how we could get sponsorship? The Hammond has been her dream for a long time snd she's gutted that she has a place but may not be able to go:(

Thankyou for your reply picturesinthefirelight, I have been following the forum for a while and gained lots of insight into how things work. Like a lot of people I suppose we just have to hope some places are turned down. x

• Like 1

Well put it this way. I saw an announcement on a local dance schools Facebook group that one of their students has been offered funding at Hammond. However she has also been offered places at Laines & Urdang but is waiting for their funding decisions.

I have a feeling most of the dance colleges haven't yet given out their dadas so there will be movement.

kcoom75 - welcome to the forum and good luck playing the waiting game.  I know of at least 3 students with DADA offers for Hammond and elsewhere so it certainly is just a waiting game but do not know where their first choice is.  We were in your position a few years ago and it was May before we heard.  The Hammond does offer its own bursaries and scholarships as well so certainly do not give up hope yet.

The accommodation list will be sent out next term and it is sent out to everyone at the same time.  The existing students have until Easter normally to confirm their plans for accommodation for next year so Hammond draw up their lists after Easter.  I think they wait until all the DADAs are offered and accepted so they know who is actually going to take up their place before it is sent out and until scholarship offers are all made and accepted.

Hammond has a list of approved landladies but not every room will be available every year and they seem to add new approved landladies and premises each year as well.  I don't think you are likely to hear anything before mid May.

Edited to add: I know its hard when its just more waiting but I assure you there is plenty of time to get accommodation sorted.  Its strange after all the busy audition phase how it all goes quiet for a while but that is how it is.  You get your accommodation list end May, you will have accommodation sorted by end June and you get a handbook from the school during the summer holidays full of information and with details of what to bring on the first day.

Edited by 2dancersmum
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

We finally received the letter last week confirming that DD will receive a very generous bursary from The Hammond.  So DD will be off this September and we couldn't be more pleased as without it she wouldn't be able to go!  I can't quite put into words how lucky we are to have a school believe in DD.  Happy Days :))

• Like 24

We finally received the letter last week confirming that DD will receive a very generous bursary from The Hammond. So DD will be off this September and we couldn't be more pleased as without it she wouldn't be able to go! I can't quite put into words how lucky we are to have a school believe in DD. Happy Days :))

That's wonderful ! Congratulations????????

Edited by Billyelliott
  • Like 1