Hammond 2014 audition dates

Karen

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Elmhurst were out in July, as were Tring. We had all of our applications in before the end if the summer term as I wanted early first audition dates for my ds. Good luck ! it's a long process and I'm sorry to say its incredibly stressful, for the parents anyway.

• Like 1

Well as I say I def had my entries in by the end of the summer term as dancing teacher had to fill in a portion of the Elmhurst forms. we also did all of our photos in the studio before we broke up for summer hols. Send them an email and they will send you a reply with a link containing the firms for you to print.

• 2 months later...

Warning about photos for Hammond.  Only when I was dotting the i's and crossing the t's did I notice that they want the photos with ballet tights on and ballet shoes plus degage to the front on both sides but with bare feet!!!  plus SAEs to e included in the package.  Photos really are a nightmare!!

Warning about photos for Hammond.  Only when I was dotting the i's and crossing the t's did I notice that they want the photos with ballet tights on and ballet shoes plus degage to the front on both sides but with bare feet!!!  plus SAEs to e included in the package.  Photos really are a nightmare!!

I only saw the bit about taking the degage on both sides at the last minute too.  I didn't put tights on though as I think bare legs would be fine (they ask for bare legs for the audition).  I had my audition date and confirmation through today - 18th November...eek! ;)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

can I ask if everyone for Hammond has been getting email confirmation of audition dates, rather than a letter through the post. DD's friend has not had a response despite applying 3-4 weeks ago and I am wondering if they should be checking their junk mail/spam.

We had an email within four days of sending the application in.

• 4 weeks later...

That's what my DD sang - She said 2 others had the same piece. She also said that one of the modern amalgamation pieces that they were shown in the Modern part of the audition used the same music as her solo dance piece. That was spooky because it's a really unusual piece but they must have liked it! :-)