Alexander Bennett, Bavarian State Ballet 2

Takahiro Tamagawa, Dortmund Ballet

Luke Cinque-White, NDT

Esteban Hernandez, SFB

Lucy Gold, Sarasota Ballet

Kevin Hale, Colorado Ballet

Lewis Gardner, Singapore Dance Theatre

• Like 1

Thanks Lynette and well done to them all.  It looks as though Kevin O'Hare is spending his money at home and thinking very long-term. Or possibly being held hostage by some of our more militant forum-members.

• Like 1

Congratulations to all!  I've often wondered how the list is constructed.  Obviously the RB comes first followed by BRB (what is BEB or is it a typo?), & other UK companies. but then is it in perceived order of prestige, or date order for when the contracts were offered.  Does anyone know?

Wow, is that a record number of contracts with the RB?

I thought that at first, until I realised that several of them had already joined this season, so I suppose it's technically split over 2 years.

Certain words drive you mad though like "desperately" or "desparately" some words I have to write down nearly every time just to make sure even though on whole am a good speller ......though having the spell check when on computer is useful these days. :)

• Like 1

I thought that at first, until I realised that several of them had already joined this season, so I suppose it's technically split over 2 years.

But I believe the ones who joined earlier this season were plucked early out of the same class... and some other companies will be getting exceptional dancers from the same year...

Yaffa

• Like 1

Do you think this has anything to do with the age they actually turn 18? As I suppose when in senior school if the Company think they are ready and they reach 18th birthday there is nothing to stop them being taken on then whereas spring and summer born kids may have to wait till the September.

The above could all be just nonsense....just a thought.

Do you think this has anything to do with the age they actually turn 18? As I suppose when in senior school if the Company think they are ready and they reach 18th birthday there is nothing to stop them being taken on then whereas spring and summer born kids may have to wait till the September.

The above could all be just nonsense....just a thought.

It has nothing to do with age imo. If they are ready and the RB needs these young graduate dancers, they will join before the end of the RBS school year . For the past few years the RB has taken in graduates around Christmas. I recall reading an interview with Miss Naghdi and she was offered a contract with the RB aged 17.  

• Like 1

Not just for the past few years: I seem to remember hearing that Ed Watson and Christina Arestis (and possibly Bennet Gartside, although I'm not sure if he joined slightly later) were taken on at the end of 1994.

"When compiling the list they list UK companies first, European companies next and then the rest of the world depending on the distance from London!"

Regarding the foregoing explanation on the list's order, neither Sarasota, Florida, nor Denver, Colorado, is farther away from London than San Francisco, California.

• Like 1

I stand corrected! Ok so it is always UK companies in this order - RB, BRB, ENB then others outside London, European, North America, South America, rest of the world. If anyone had secured a contract in Australia or New Zealand they would have been listed last.