Date(s) for Introduction of New Grades 5 and 6 RAD Syllabi

aileen

Hi Aileen

The new grades 4 and 5 will be released in January. I can't remember off the top of my head when the old syllabi will stop being examined but I think the information is published in 'Focus on Exams'.

Shimmer

Aileen,

Advanced foundation, 1 & 2 are launched in September 2013.  Grades 4 & 5 are launched in January 2014.  I've not actually seen any date for when these grades cease to be examined on the old syllabus and start to be examined on the new one but based on timing for grades 1-3 between launch(Jan 2012) and last exam date (Dec 2012) I would suspect that grades 4 & 5 will be until the end of December 2014 for the old syllabus with the new one being examined from January 2015.  I have not yet seen any dates with regards to grades 6-8.

It depends on how long it will take her to be ready for the exam, aileen.  I will be teaching the old Grade 5 for the last time from September, but our exams will be in the spring of 2014.  By the following year 2015, the new syllabus will be compulsary.

My dd is starting Grade 5 in September too.  I don't know when she'll do the exam, maybe summer 2014.  But if she's not ready by then, will she still be able to take it in the Autumn 2014?  

2dancersmum - when will we know the date for sure?

I have read somewhere that they cannot take the new exam for a year from introduction. My dd is taking her grade 5 next June 2014 but the teacher will start to incorporate some of the new syllabus into their weekly dance lesson as she feels it is quite different from the old scheme.

• Like 1