YBSS 2013

DancingDays

My DD is doing week 2 of YBSS this year and I wondered if anyone could give me the wisdom of their experience there??

I didn't get a specific time with my my email - just arrival between 2 and 4 on the Saturday - but the website says "according to your booking".  So I'm not sure if we just turn up any time between 2 and 4 or whether I should have had a more specific window within that?

Also, if anyone has any idea of how the days are formatted I would be grateful.  My DD has to leave at lunchtime on the Sunday to travel down for All England Finals that afternoon and then I'm taking her back up that night to finish the rest of the week from Monday.  Is there a standard time for lunch breaks - I'm checking into train times at the moment and it would be good if I could time picking her up with a natural break rather than interrupt a session?

Obviously, any other useful titbits of information would be gratefully appreciated :rolleyes:  

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi dtadmin

My dd is also doing the 2nd week and is ten, I suppose it maybe worth contacting them re timetable, looking at the website it says that all information will be there when dc arrive, I don't think there is any classes on the sat

Ax

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed about the performance at the end and was told that the demonstration would be at 3.30/45 on the Friday and is free to family members.I have no other information and it is my DDs first time at YBSS.

• Like 1

My son went at just 15 (5 years ago) and we sent him up on the train with directions of how to walk from the station! Can't quite believe it, as he want very experienced at travel on his own at the time but it's such a long way from the south of England isn't it!! He managed fine, and we picked him up after a week on a bit of a detour on the way to the Lake District.

Sadly he was suffering a bit with OS in both knees at the time and it was before they got decent flooring, so he didn't really get the most out of it, but it was a great summer school. Have fun everyone.

• Like 1

Just had a good chat with DD (16, travelled from Toronto with a classmate alone!). Check in is anytime between 2-4... there are class lists posted along with schedule info. 3 classes a day - ballet/contempary/pointe variations. Classes mixed boys and girls. Studios are a very short walk. She starts at 9;30 and ends at 4:45. She found the university wifi common areas and thank goodness because I couldn't hear a thing when she was using Starbucks wifi!  First dinner at 5;30.

Rooms are dorm small and simple but come with a sink in the room.

• Like 3

Phoned my ds last nighy and heard much laughter and joviality in the background. He was already hVing a ball and the dancing hasn't even started yet! How lucky they all are! My lad misses boarding as he is now a day pupil at his school so was really looking forward to this. I am looking forward to watching their lottle performance in 2 weeks' time. If any ballt. Coers are there hope we get a chance to say 'hi'.

• Like 8

You must try and make time for Bettys!!  Going to Bettys is one of life's more wonderful little experiences!

I will no longer go into the minster because of the turnstiles but there's a church very near by that was the family church of the Fawkes family!  York is a truly fascinating city and it's wonderful just to wander around the old city and also on the city walls.  Enjoy!

• Like 4