Pointe Shoe glue on leotard...

Shimmer

Dear clever people

On the way to my Advanced Two exam my bottle of pointe shoe glue leaked on my brand new leotard. Luckily I took a spare but I would like to wear the new one for class so does anyone know if/how I can get the glue out? It's only a small patch on the neckline but it has set rock solid!

I don't know how I managed before I found this forum!

Shimmer

Hi Shimmer, I would be very careful about using any kind of solvent such as nail polish remover on a leotard. These solvents will dissolve nylon and lycra so you may end up with holes rather than glue. Unfortunately the glue sets by a chemical reaction not just by "drying out" so I am afraid it is very difficult to reverse this. The glue has probably set through the fabric so it will be difficult to pick/peel it off too. I think you will have to either accept the glue on the neckline or chance it with a solvent such as ethanol (metholated spirits) and accept it might make a hole. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I will certainly use your experience to make sure the same does not happen to us in the future!

Thanks for the tip!

Dramascientist

• Like 1