A Degas sculpture has found a home at the Walker Art Gallery (Liverpool)

Jan McNulty

I visited the Walker Gallery last year, also the Port Sunlight Gallery and the new Liverpool Museum, terrific city for seeing art and people are so friendly there - they actually speak to you.  Terrific addition to an already impressive collection.

• Like 2

I don't know if I have mentioned this:

I'm not very confident on buses.  A couple of years ago I went to Milton Keynes for the day by train.  I had forgotten how far it was to walk to the theatre from the station so when I arrived I enquired about buses and was told that all the ones that stop outside the theatre go to their destination via the station.

When I got on the bus, I asked the driver if it went to the station and he said yes.  I sat next to a lady and asked her if I would realise when we got to the station (it's not always obvious) and we started talking.  As I got up to leave the bus she said to me "You're from Liverpool aren't you?".  When I responded in the affirmative she said - "I guessed because no-one else would ever talk on a bus!".

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Liverpool and the Wirral!

Well when I lived in Liverpool and was nearing the end of a bus's and my destination....it was quite late at he time the driver asked me which road I wanted and diverted off the route to drop me at he end of my road!! Very personal service...that extra mile and all that!! Probably today there would be some Health and Safety reason or other bus protocol which would prevent him from doing this by I thought it was a lovely gesture at the time and saved me a bit of a walk.

• Like 1

Actually I remembered I loved the library in Liverpool the main one and when I moved to London couldn't really find an equivalent. Next time I'm up there must go to the Walker and also visit the library again. I went down to the new bit by the river Tate Gallery etc last time I was there .....totally different but completely amazing to when I lived there.