Royal Ballet School performances July 3 to 6 2013/ July 14

I am going to see the main stage performance on 14 July, really looking forward to it!! I'm not a dancer and know nothing about ballet, but I love to watch it and thought it would be fantastic to see the next generations of performers do their stuff!

• Like 1

This is what I think is being performed on the 14th

A new ballet called La Destinee by Mark Annear and music by Michael England. This will be a world premier to show off the talents of the whole upper school.

Also by Bejart Seven Greek Dances. Then by Jiri Bubenicek a work called Canon in D and a work by the Royal Ballets Valentino Zucchetti called Sonata for Six.

At the end the whole school will end up on the stage.

Am looking forward to this am sitting in the stalls circle so have a good seat. I don't think the casts will be released until the day probably but there is usually a programme and this also tells you where some of the leavers will be going. Happy to meet up if you would like etc

Would you believe my luck, I happened to spot  tickets had just been returned yesterday afternoon for the performance last night. These young people are fantastic. Their joy of dancing is plain to see and they don't appear to get out of breath, ever. Thanks for the reply LinMM and if it proves correct then they are repeats from this weeks show, but that's perfectly fine. We all worry when famous principals leave but, rest assured, the next generation are being developed under the guidance of the RBS and the future for the RB is sure.

• Like 1

Not sure whether to post here or start new thread as went to RBS performance today so strictly speaking should come under performances seen etc anyway will do main report tomorrow as just got back to Brighton so bit tired however suffice to say for now the whole thing was wonderful.....lovely to see so many talented young dancers.

Another thing of protocol so to speak before posting .....as these are students and not...as yet...professional dancers...though some have now been offered their first contracts...should any comments be free of students names? And just refer to the ballets performed instead? Thanks moderators?

Hi Lin,

It would be great if you could start a thread in the Performances Seen forum.  As regards names - if they are in the public domain - ie on a website or in an official printed programme then they can be included in your comments. 

• Like 1

Thanks Janet will start new thread. Will keep names to minimum as they are very young still and in development etc so don't want to undervalue any not mentioned so to speak because I think they were all terrific and kept forgetting exactly how young they were!! :)

Another thing of protocol so to speak before posting .....as these are students and not...as yet...professional dancers...though some have now been offered their first contracts...should any comments be free of students names? And just refer to the ballets performed instead? Thanks moderators?

Our guidelines have not been specific on this point as we were mainly concerned about children's names leaking into the forum as attendees at a certain school or a friend of someone's dancing children. We have now updated the guidelines to cover competitions and school show.

The relevant text now reads:

No member should give details of another member’s children such as their name or their dance school, unless the parent has already done so publicly here – this applies particularly in the Doing Dance forum.

(When details may be found on the website of a competition organiser or school or listed in a printed programme it is acceptable to post the names and schools of student competition participants and winners, and of performers in school shows.)

Photos or videos displaying others’ children may not be linked to or displayed unless they are already in the public domain.